Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work today in around 30 countries, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Syria crisis is often described as the worst humanitarian catastrophe since the end of the Cold War. Inside Syria, 7.6 people are internally displaced and 12.2 million are in need of humanitarian assistance. There are more than 4 million Syrian refugees living in neighboring countries. This is no short- term humanitarian episode. The devastating human consequences to huge numbers of people will endure for decades. The destruction of relationships, communities, livelihoods, homes and infrastructure will take years to repair. The IRC is offering a robust humanitarian response to the Syria crisis in the region. With an annual budget in excess of $140 million and a rapidly expanding portfolio, supported by nearly 1300 staff, IRC’s Syria Response Region (SRR) is undertaking programs in Syria and neighboring countries of Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey and Iraq.
This position will be dedicated to support Jordan office partnerships work, the Jordan country program current budget of almost $20 million with focus on health, protection, livelihoods/vouchers.
The partnerships Finance/ Admin Assistant for Jordan office is a position supporting the Sub Award Partnership team. With the overall objective of achieving high quality programming, the main goal of this position is to assist the team for an effective review of partner finance reports and documentation as well as provide support to partner and Sub award finance staff and management. The Partnerships Finance/ Admin Assistant will support in the review of low risk partners financial reports, also will provides general administration support to the Partnership team with general filing, photocopying scanning and control of all documentation relating to partner remuneration. The Finance/ Admin Assistant will support in documenting the decisions and action points concerning the partners, in tracking and filing partners’ deliverables, and in organizing and facilitating the periodic meetings between IRC and partners.
• Support on the review of partner financial reports and supporting documentation, providing feedback to partners as necessary and flagging any compliance and financial management issues to IRC management.
• Assist partners in the preparation of financial supporting documents before they submit the first financial report
• Maintain the bookkeeping and files related to all the sub -award hardcopies and softcopies.
• Filing all sub award financial records and makes it available for management, internal /external audit and review, and trace all documents (PRs, payments, checks, and service requests), also Copying and scanning of documents.
• Maintain tracker of sub award files sent to storage.
• Liaise with partner organizations to ensure completeness, correctness and accuracy of financial reports.
• Assist in preparing financial report reconciliations for Program and Finance review and sign off.
• Assist in reviewing and preparing partner cash requests.
• Support in the preparation of internal finance report.
• Liaise with the Partnership Finance Manager with regards to any sub-award reconciliation or payment request as necessary.
• Prepare and update sub award financial report tracking sheet.
• Ensure compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines.
• Liaise with select partners as a focal person for communication related to finance issues.
• Provide support in the identification and selection of Jordan program partners by receiving, screening, forwarding applications to the Partnerships Manager, and filing applications.
• Translate IRC’s templates and related documents from English to Arabic.
• Liaise with IRC focal points and partners for the administration of pre-award assessments (PAA) with respect to all new sub-awards, including collecting supporting documents from partners, preparing folders with partner essential information for the PAA committee members, logistics and arranging meeting venues.
• Support the Partnerships Manager during the project development process and negotiations with partners, by filing important communication, editing, and formatting partner project documents, if needed, documenting decisions, and updating the Partnership Department action points’ tracker.
• Maintain the sub-award partners files electronically and in hard copies, including filing all appropriate communication and maintain the sub-award tracker capturing all requirements throughout the sub-award life cycle, including scheduled payments, partner deliverables (including both programmatic and financial reports), and special requirements identified in pre-award assessment and sub-award.
• Support the Partnerships Manager in organizing sub-award opening meetings, sub-award review meetings, and sub-award close-out meetings by arranging the time and venue based on the availability of participants, collecting materials and compiling inputs from participants prior to the meeting, making copies, sending invitations, taking minutes of meeting, updating the action points’ tracker.
• Collect inputs to update the sub-awards tracker on a monthly basis with information regarding the submission and review of sub-award narrative, programmatic reports, and sub-award monitoring.
• Conduct initial reviews of sub-award partners’ deliverables, such as narrative and financial reports, to determine if they meet the bare minimum requirements before inputting information in the sub-awards tracker including project indicators, expenditure, budget projections and other relevant information, notifying the Partnerships Manager of any issues.
• Arrange logistics and administration of quarterly program, finance, and compliance monitoring visits at the sub-award partners’ premises.
Project Support and Capacity Strengthening
• Following the sub-award partner pre-award assessment, support to draft the project support plan (collating inputs from technical, finance, supply chain, grants and SAP units) and supporting to work with partners to reach a common understanding and agreement of the project support plan.
• Liaise with IRC relevant units to identify practical project support actions (training, workshops) to be implemented over the lifetime of the project.
• Support with the logistical aspects of the organization of trainings on topics pre-identified with the partner in the project support plan.
• Provide logistical, technical support for the partner workshops, supporting in the drafting and packing of training materials, taking meeting minutes, and monitoring and evaluation tools.
• Maintain contact details of all existing and potential partners with pertinent information about the scope of work and geographic coverage.
• Assist in collecting feedback of partner NGO’s through the needs assessment conducted.
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|