Role Title: Personal Assistant
Role purpose summary:
Work closely with directorial or senior managers to provide administrative support, enhance diary productivity by time management whilst delivering basic secretarial and administrative tasks. Maintain the confidentiality of the general work, reports, files and the nature of its content.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Coordinate meetings and appointments for Head of Department.
I. Diary Keeping (Appointments)
• To note all appointments, meeting schedules, action dates for important documents, correspondence (mail) and international visitors’ arrivals.
II. Arrange external and internal meetings (e.g. visits to other companies, business meetings)
• Take minutes for the meeting and action points discussed
• Keep a register of all meeting dates.
• Arrange a suitable date and time for all members to hold the meeting.
• Liaise with meeting members for the agenda
III. Meeting notes
• Take notes in meeting as appropriate.
• Type the notes and prepare draft format.
• Forward to the chairperson/Head of Department for review
• Make amendments, send for signature, and forward the notes to members as appropriate.
• Maintain a file/folder hard and electronic as deemed appropriate for each meeting/subject.
• Follow up on agreed action points (AP’s) with attendees and/or others as directed utilizing an agreed Work in progress (WIP) tracker.
2. Committees: Purchasing, Management, Broker Commission, others as established from time to time.
• Responsibilities as per (1) above.
3. Travel arrangements
• Prepare flight itinerary and book travel arrangements for all Business/Personal trips/Conferences
• Make arrangements for visits of Company’s international guests.
• Arrange courtesy cars and assist visitors/guests.
• Scheduling appointments.
• Make reservation for hotel and arrange for transport.
• Make reservation for restaurant.
• Confirm on staff availability, attendance and agenda.
• Schedule appointments with international companies to be visited.
• Prepare presentation aids and corporate gifts.
• Maintain a separate box file for each division/department as appropriate with sub-divisions for each topic. Each file to maintain an index of topics.
• Soft folders – to be filed in the appropriate filing cabinet within the electronic directory or as appropriate after diary date and time has been set in consultation with the Head of Department as noted in the correspondence.
• Ensure document flow for both internal and external within the department, ensuring timely follow-up and delivery.
• Coordinate within internal departments for document flow as directed.
• Type and file in the appropriate folders or sub-folders within the relevant directory as directed.
• Handle correspondence independently and draft presentations and other clerical work.
• Independently perform clerical work in order to identify and process sensitive/confidential information and complete work assignments.
• Answer telephone calls, noting of messages left on the voicemail and forwarding calls or taking detailed messages and making sure they are delivered or actioned accordingly.
• Take note of all external/internal emails to/from the Head of Department, distribute or action them accordingly or check what and when they should be actioned.
• Orally communicate in a courteous professional manner with a variety of individuals and other departmental heads in order to exchange information and/or assign or accept work
• Liaise with staff members either for any purpose, as directed or as required for the purpose of completing tasks/action points/objectives.
7. Other Duties
• Liaising with HR and Admin with regards to business journals, stationery requests and other administrative matters.
• Assist other departments if required when time permits.
• Train new recruits as required and act as a first point of contact.
• Assist with the adoption of Risk Management processes throughout the company.
• Any other duties that may be assigned by Head of Department.
• Organize events as required by the business or Head of Department
• Provide assistance to front desk operations to include but is not limited to answering phones, accepting packages and other delivers, greeting and acknowledging visitors and guest.
|Job Location:||Al Kuwait, Kuwait|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|