The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Since 2007, IRC has worked with refugees and other vulnerable populations in Jordan. IRC’s programs in Jordan focuses on urban interventions in the north that address gender-based violence specifically violence against women and girls for Syrian refugees and host community members as well as reproductive health care to Syrian refugees through two clinics based in Ramtha and Mafraq and a primary health care facility in Zaatari refugee camp. Since January 2013, IRC also carries out Child Protection programs in Syrian refugee camps, providing specialized services for the identification, support and protection of unaccompanied children (UAC) and other children at risk.
Job Overview/Summary: The position will be responsible for managing the record keeping of pharmaceuticals consumptions and coordination with other health care providers in the facility providing PHC services.
Major Responsibilities: The assistant pharmacist will be specifically responsible for performing the following activities:
• Coordinating with the Pharmacist to ensure un interrupted delivery of essential supplies/equipment (medical/non-medical) required at the health facility
• Receive prescriptions from doctors and midwife, and dispense the medicines to the patients according to the prescriptions
• Notify doctors or midwife of incomplete or inaccurate prescriptions
• Instruct advice and educate patients on drug use
• Advise and educate patients of any adverse side-effects of medicines or potential interactions with other medicines/treatments.
• Prepare clear and detailed labels for dispensed drugs written in language that patients can understand
• Receive prescriptions from doctor and midwife, and verify that required information is on the form, and dispense it to the patient.
• Store drugs in the IRC pharmacy at the Azraq health facility according to instructions and standard procedures
• Record and compile daily, weekly and monthly consumption data of medicines and send reports to the Pharmacist on monthly basis and Health Manager for Azraq
• Submit drug orders required at the IRC health facility to the pharmacist on monthly basis
• Arrange stock by category and in alphabetical order, with the earliest expiring stock at the front of the shelf and the first in first out techniques
• Monitor the supply quantity, expiration dates and quality of medicines and medical supplies
• Monitor the pharmacy’s and drug store temperature daily & record it in order to ensure all items are kept at the appropriate temperature.
• Notify the pharmacist in advance in case of a high consumption that may lead to low stock or stock out
• Ask advice from the doctors/midwife in case a drug is prescribed which is not available at the IRC pharmacy
• Monitor the consumption of antibiotics and any other drugs if required by doctors using the monitoring charts and report to the pharmacist
• Together with the pharmacist, conduct inventory control of pharmacy on a regular basis
• Follow all safety measures and rules in the pharmacy
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Pharmacist
Position directly supervises: none
Indirect Reporting: Health Manager Azraq
Other Internal and/or external contacts.
Internal: pharmacy staff of other organizations providing PHC services at Azraq
External: Pharmacy/supplier with IRC contract
|Job Location:||Zarqa, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|