The physiotherapist assistant contributes to the promotion, improvement, and maintenance of people's mobility, health and well-being.
S/he participates in all physiotherapy related activities from the acute to the rehabilitation stage and contributes to the assessment and provision of physiotherapy services to patients in need of physiotherapy within an ICRC-run or an ICRC-supported structure during emergency and non-emergency situations.
Standard function description:
• Works to ensure provision of physical rehabilitation services (Prosthetics and Orthotics and Physiotherapy) in line with the educational priorities of the PRP in Jordan.
• Assures proper assessment of patients and can complete a multidisciplinary treatment plan
• Organizes and conducts patient care and decides all necessary adjustments during the treatment
• Responsible for the implementation of the physiotherapy treatment and final evaluation of the patient
• Assures all reporting duties as physiotherapy patient files and statistics
• Assures the maintenance of physiotherapy tools and equipment, repairs and replacements
• Supervises the work of the assistant and Physiotherapists 3 and participates in their training and education
• Assists the physiotherapist in ensuring the continuum of care by referral of the individual to the appropriate structure after his/her discharge;
• Participates in the implementation of the ICRC physiotherapy standards under supervision of the physiotherapist or other medical superiors with the physiotherapy team and with the respective partner;
• Helps promoting good practice in coordination with the medical/surgical team;
• Assist to timely provision of physiotherapy practice within an interdisciplinary approach;
• Assists in delivering training and coaching within his/her capacity based on internal ICRC guidelines and international validated recommendations;
• Provides input for elaboration of reports on health contexts, needs and programs
• Support to the PRP Manager in implementing program at both the University of Jordan department of Orthotics and Prosthetics and the Al Bashir Hospital Department of Physical Rehabilitation.
• Develops and oversees the implementation of patient treatment guidelines in collaboration with the PRP manager UJ and Al Bashir management.
• Develops and oversees the implementation of indicators to document the effect of the services provided in collaboration with the PRP manager and UJ and Al Bashir management.
• Develops and oversees the implementation of a quality control scheme in collaboration with the PRP manager and the UJ and Al Bashir management.
• Supports the storekeepers and practioners in order to ensure accurate stock positions and appropriate delivery of materials in collaboration with the PRP manager and the UJ and Al Bashir management.
• Works to promote a multidisciplinary approach amongst all clinical staff at UJ and Al Bashir management
• Works to ensure an appropriate educational environment for orthotic and prosthetic students whilst at the University of Jordan and while on placement at Al Bashir hospital.
• Participates in developing and implementing ICRC Result Based Management (RBM) as a management tool for PRP in collaboration with the PRP manager
• Writes field trip reports, minutes of meetings and workshops based on given guidelines and assists the PRP manager in preparing reports as required.
• Interprets accurately from English to Arabic and vice versa during field visits and otherwise, as required
• Translates documents from English to Arabic and vice versa as required
• Adapts his/her behavior to various interlocutors
- Be aware of the delegations objectives and activities
- Understand the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
- Apply the security rules at all times
Respect and observe the staff regulations of the ICRC in Jordan.
- The employee may be asked to perform other duties not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when and if necessary.
Yearly assessment/ Evaluation
- The health department do a yearly technical evaluation for the health staff and the candidate should attend this evaluation, to keep a record related the technical capacity of the health staff.
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Monthly Salary:||US $1,000|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|