Responsible for providing a project planning and controls function in the areas of tender evaluations, project execution plans, budget profiles, progress measurement systems, progress monitoring, payments certification, change management, risk management, schedule delay analysis, EOT claims evaluation and asset capitalization schedules.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work in close coordination with ASTAD Project Managers and Client’s Representatives to ensure consistency, quality, effective project planning and controls function, and continuous improvement in accordance with ASTAD Quality Management Plan, processes and procedures.
- Attend kick-off meetings for awarded programs.
- Review the initial scope statement and support the development of program implementation strategies, thereafter develop program master schedules.
- Develop initial project budget phasing in accordance with provided cost estimates and in alignment with program / project master schedules.
- Submit to ASTAD bid manager all project controls documents required within corporate tender not limited to project tender master schedule and project controls methodologies.
- Provide planning inputs to tender documents before release for bidding.
- Technical evaluation of planning related items included within contractor/consultants bid documents.
- Review and approve consultants/contractor’s execution plans and planning packages incorporating Progress Measurement Systems that will be used for monitoring progress and validation of progress payments.
- In a proactive manner, collaborate with contractors / consultants in order to submit appropriate execution plans and planning packages by conducting several joint workshop meetings.
- Attend site walks as part of progress monitoring and ensure that contractor’s submitted progress is validated.
- Attend progress meetings as well as commercial meetings and monitor consultant’s/contractor’s performance and advise project manager of any schedule or interface issues that may affect the scheduled completion of the project.
- Responsible for review and certification of Consultants/Contractor’s payment applications.
- Assessment of Consultants/Contractor’s schedule delay analysis to ensure a proper evaluation of EOT entitlement is carried out in accordance with industry best practices and related contract provisions.
- Monitor schedule interfaces with other projects within the same program to minimize clashes and potential delays.
- Conduct "what if" analysis to anticipate potential impact to the project resulting from changes, risks and any other unforeseen events.
- Review as-built programmes, Final Account Statement, Asset Capitalization Schedule and provide planning inputs to Project Close-Out Reports.
- As part of the change management process, review schedule impacts associated with the work change requests (WCR), evaluate and recommend EOT entitlement in accordance with industry best practices and related contract provisions.
- Provide planning inputs required in tender committee submissions and review final submissions regarding contract claims, variations or strategy changes for ongoing allocated contracts.
- As part of the risk management process, conduct risk workshops, contribute by identifying potential project risks and conduct qualitative / quantitative risk analyses as and when required.
Cost Phasing and Budget Control
- Develop cost phasing profile in accordance with provided cost estimate and project master schedules.
- Monitor the financial performance of projects versus budgets so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalised upon.
- Develop revised cost phasing profiles in line with actual and forecast project progress that will be used for the preparation of the clients following year annual capital budget
Supervision of Subordinates
- Organise and supervise the activities and work of subordinates, if any, to ensure that all work within a specific area of activity is carried out in an efficient and procedurally compliant manner and within the required level of resourcing.
- Provide on-the-job training and constructive feedback to subordinates to support their overall development.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international leading practice’, improvement of business processes, quality, cost effectiveness and productivity improvement.
Statements and Reports
- Prepare departmental statements and reports timely and accurately to meet ASTAD requirements, policies and standards.
Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment (Optional for relevant jobs)
- Compliance with all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the department to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Support Qatari Nationals development as per their personal career plans (PCP).
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Company Industry:||Consulting Services|