Global Partners Governance, Jordan
Based in Amman, Jordan
Global Partners Governance (GPG) works with parliaments, governments and political parties around the world to promote representative politics and effective governance. Our work directly supports politicians and senior staff and has included the delivery of projects with parliaments and governments in Africa, the Middle East and Central-Eastern Europe.
GPG has been working closely with the Jordanian parliament and government since 2012 on a programme of support for parliamentary effectiveness, delivery of Jordan’s political reform programme and enhancing the relationship between the executive and parliament.
GPG’s work in the MENA region is expanding and in early 2017, GPG opened a Regional Representative Office in Amman, Jordan. The Regional Office is responsible for delivery of GPG’s programmes in Jordan, and other projects in the Middle East and North Africa.
Based in Amman, the Project Assistant will report to GPG’s Project Manager. The Project Assistant will be responsible for:
• Check, review and ensure all supporting documentation for all financial transactions are maintained in a systematic order and in a safe and secure condition
• Calculation, deduction, and reconciliation of Tax
• Responsible for daily cash handling and reporting for Amman regional office expenses; this includes, but is not limited to the following; ensure that for each cash advance/ and/or payments done, documentation (invoice / receipts) are available in the office, before any cash withdrawal from the safe or payment is done
• Liaise with Finance team in London with regards to project invoicing
• Provide administrative and logistical support for meetings, workshops, training and staff visits
• Ensuring the office and its meeting spaces are ready to be used by the time staff arrive
• Maintaining stationery and office supplies
• Book couriers / catering / taxis
• General administrative support to the project team
• Some travel within the region and to GPG’s London headquarters may be required.
• Coordinate and book hotel and flight bookings and visa requirements for staff and Associates travel to and from Jordan
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Company Industry:||Consulting Services|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|