Our client, a well-known company is currently looking for a Project & Civil Engineer.
Projects, Architectural, Building and Civil Engineer will be responsible for Directs, coordinates and supervises various activities relating to civil and building fabrics maintenance includes preparing feasibility studies and cost estimates for alteration, upgrades, modification of existing facilities and systems. He/She will be responsible for managing resources appropriately to ensure that maintenance tasks are carried out at the planned frequencies and standards in line with the required standards. The Projects & Civil Engineer will also supervise and provide professional services to ensure that all variation works are delivered to the required standard in an effective, efficient and professional manner to the complete satisfaction of customers.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Supervise, lead and execute planned and reactive/corrective civil maintenance tasks in accordance with schedules and KPIs.
• Carry out regular and planned comprehensive Building Fabric Inspections and surveys of all the campus buildings.
• Supervise and direct all contractors and sub contractor’s staff engaged in both projects and maintenance delivery.
• Lead on technical support and advice in Architectural, Building and Civil Engineering maintenance and projects.
• Assist with the management of the FF&E Asset Management.
• Analyse defects and faults reported related to civil discipline and provide appropriate cost effective technical solutions.
• Liaise with stores to arrange and make sure the availability of all the required spare parts at all time.
• Supervise the space planning requirements with the University.
• Produce maintenance related Risk Assessments and Method Statements in support to the maintenance department activities.
• Review project documents as required (drawings, material and technical submittals) ensuring they comply with the original design intent.
• Assist with training and mentoring in safe working practices.
• Participate in the duty coverage ‘’ Out of core working hours ‘’ during emergency cases and any site requirements.
• Attend the projects progress meetings and represent Estates department with the customer.
• Lead on projects estimation and produce the projects supported documents.
• Manage and control the sub-contractors on the Campus for the project works awarded
• Manage the ‘Permit to Work’ systems.
• Ability to control and manage different contractors and conduct the initial inspection for cost estimation.
• Supervise, monitoring and controlling the ongoing variation works and any other project support needed.
• Production of the Periodic Progress Reports as required by the line manager.
• Ensure that all the works which done by contractors are comply with legal HSE guidelines and according to the issued work permit and risk assessments.
HSE Job Responsibilities
• To comply with the organization’s QHSE policies and procedures at all times.
• To work safely at all times and to report all hazards and incidents to Departmental Supervisors/Managers.
• To actively participate in all QHSE training, programs, audits and inspections when required and, as necessary.
• To exercise a personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and to that of others.
• To lead by example and ensure to protect the environment by conservation of electricity, water and other natural resources, and minimizing generation of waste.
|Job Location:||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Company Industry:||Engineering; Real Estate; Construction/Civil Engineering|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|