The Project Manager main responsibility is monitoring the implementation of project activities, fulfillment of contract/agreement requirements and assures that projects are completed on time, and within the available budget and resources. In addition to his role in the overall planning and management of specific projects that are executed in accordance with GHD/ EMPHNET’s strategic goals.
Activities, Duties & Responsibilities:
Technical & Executive:
- Develop and manage implementation of project plans including timelines and Work Breakdown Structures.
- Define project tasks and milestones and monitor achievement of project deliverables/results according to time and scope.
- Collect information necessary for monitoring project implementation.
- Review and assess all reports, documents and deliverables to ensure their compliance with GHD/ EMPHNET SOPs, readability, good documentation practices and compatibility to GHD/ EMPHNET standards and templates.
- Assist in developing, expanding or improving project’s strategy or activities.
- Perform work related to the initiation, administration and close-out of project contract, grants or cooperative agreements.
- Manage the process of building the capacity of GHD/ EMPHNET staff in reporting on achievements.
- Assist in preparing annual work plan for assigned project/s.
- Ensure that project staff is clear on their respective roles and responsibilities.
- Prepare project progress reports and monitor compliance with grant/contract requirements.
- Anticipate, resolve project management issues and brings risks and issues to the attention of upper management.
- Ensure that project documents that support deliverables are complete, up to date and appropriately stored.
- Assist in grant writing, fund raising and proposal writing for funding organizations.
- Contribute to business development by assisting in client relations management and development of concept note.
- Assist in capturing new business opportunities.
- Performing other duties related to the job as assigned by the direct manager.
- Prepare periodic reports regarding the project activities and achievements to be submitted to the Program Manager.
- Disseminate instructions, circulars and information, in addition to issuing administrative, organizational and technical decisions necessary to fulfill endorsed plans and executive programs.
- Carry out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and recommending necessary actions as per the applied practices.
- Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear, and workflow is running smoothly.
- Following-up on employees' administrative affairs such as: vacations, leaves…etc.
Internal: With Purpose
– To inform and update about upcoming activities
Finance and Accounting Department
– To discuss and agree on project activities financial issues
External: With Purpose
– To arrange regarding running activities, meetings and workshops
– To coordinate regarding project deliverables, periodic reports and time-sheets…etc.
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|