The role of the Project Manager is to oversee and manage Save the Children Jordan’s (SCJ) project of Every Child Learning Partnership – The project is a partnership between Save the Chidlren and Pearson which aims to address the urgent needs of school-aged children by adapting an innovative education project, targeting Syrian refugee and local children in refugee hosting communities (30-months project). We will support Syrian boys and girls to accelerate their learning, quickly putting them back on track and enabling them to fulfil their potential. The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize the assigned project according to the project timeline and within the planned budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members in order to deliver projects according to the plan. S/he will be responsible for providing professional technical support and inputs to develop the Every Child Learning Partnership and to advise senior project staff concerning relevant issues associated with the progress of the project in order to facilitate any necessary changes in programming in order to meet targets in the timeframe projects as best as possible S/he is responsible for ensuring that reporting requirements are met in a timely and quality manner.
The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Work with Education Implementation Manager and Associate Program Director to finalize the detailed workplans, budgets and any other project-related documents (Procurement Plan, Recruitment Plan, Communication Plan, Spending Plan, etc.).
• Prepare/Amend as required, project implementation plans and annual work plans for the teams and partners.
• Ensure all activities are planned efficiently, effectively and are of sustainable impact, based on accepted best practices.
• According to the developed workplan, ensure the implementation of the planned interventions meets the agreed milestones in a timely manner.
• Manage field teams and oversee implementation of project components directly under the management of SCJ.
• Provide effective, innovative and strategic leadership to the staff and partners.
• Prepare timely program and donor reports in compliance with internal SCJ requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
• According to the developed procurement plan, ensure procurement and budget forecasting are done in line with SCJ’s management practices, protocols and policies.
• Coordinate effectively with support services and logistics to ensure timely financial reporting, procurement and recruitment.
• Supervise the recruitment, interviewing and placement of applicants project staff and volunteers.
• Identify and select methods and instructional resources to meet the varying needs of the teachers in the field.
• Supervise the design, planning and implemention of trainings for teachers and project staff.
• Provide technical assistance, training and mentorship to school staff.
• Work with MoE and other relevant key stakeholders and partners to develop or adapt strategies and materials for training with a range of education needs, including lectures, online courses, and self-study sessions.
• Facilitate orientation sessions with the community to help them understand the different components of the project, if needed.
• Help prepare instructional resources to create a positive learning environment that is technology based.
• Analyze students' progress and develop remediation plans to meet student needs
Capacity Building & Organizational Learning
• Ensure on-the-job training for project team and if needed identify and report on additional training requirements.
• Ensure timely performance and capacity building for staff under his/her supervision.
• Keep abreast of sector trends, developments and policies, and adapt and promote introduction of new methodologies, innovations and best practices.
• Mobilize internal and external capacity-building opportunities
Representation & Networking
• Represent SCJ in the relevant coordination meetings, conferences and meetings with other national partners.
• Lead on external relations with local stakeholders (Governorates, Municipalities, CBOs etc) involved in the implementation of the project
Monitoring & Evaluation
• Ensure appropriate coordination with the TA/MEAL teams for:
– Timely data collection for the purposes of MEAL and reporting.
– Training field staff on relevant technical approaches used in the project.
– Feedback on TA/MEAL visit reports.
• Ensure tracking of set indicators throughout the implementation cycle and regular reporting on impact, and in coordination with the MEAL Department.
• Orgnize and contribute to the the research component of the project
BEHAVIORS (Values in Practice)
• Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
• Holds the team accountable to deliver on their responsibilities.
• In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team. Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.
• Future orientated, thinks strategically.
• Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, other Members and external partners and supporters
• Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
• Willing to take disciplined risks
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|