Under the supervision of the Project Manager for CBO Capacity Building (direct line manager) and the Food Security Project Manager (functional manager), the Project Officer – Food Assistance and Civil Society.is responsible for ensuring timely and high-quality data collection for the monitoring of the food assistance program as well as for contributing to the implementation of capacity building activities for partners’ CBOs operating in the host communities of Northern Jordan.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager for CBO Capacity Building, the Project Officer – Food Assistance and Civil Society will be required to conduct the following tasks:
• Assist the Project Manager in the implementation of the capacity assessment, GOCA, tool; in the data collection and analysis and in the implementation of the capacity building plan.
• Support in the implementation of the capacity building plan’s activities (trainings, workshops…) and the regular coaching activities; from a programmatic point of view to an operational point of view.
• While performing the assessment, the Officer will ensure that the methodology through which the assessment is carried out is standardized for all the involved CBOs;
• Follow up of the capacity building activities with CBOs and on the related necessary reporting;
• Support the Project Manager in the organization of meetings and knowledge sharing sessions, part of the capacity building program and the strengthening of the networking among civil society;
• Facilitate meetings/trainings sessions for project stakeholders and CBOs;
• Support the CBOs PM in creating/updating the CBOs database for North of Jordan and in identifying new CBOs.
• Submit regular feedback to the Project Manager on the feedback received from the CBOs focal points.
• Liaise with the Finance, Logistics, HR and Security Departments when needed to implement such activities.
Upon request of the Food Security Project Manager, the Project Officer – Food Assistance and Civil Society will be required to support the team by conducting the following tasks:
• Collect data on WFP shops compliance with WFP standards, rules and regulations, through on-site visits, timely collection of receipts from WFP shops.
• Collect receipts from shops contracted by WFP;
• On site shops monitoring;
• Collect beneficiaries’ feedbacks on the food assistance program by organizing and facilitating regular FGDs;
• Support in the conduction of Food Security Outcome Monitoring (FSOM) surveys in all the targeted governorates;
• Support in the conduct of ad-hoc distribution;
• Support in the E-cards distribution in line with SOPs and ACTED rules and regulation;
• Train CBOs volunteers on e-cards distribution.
In addition, the Project Officer – Food Assistance and Civil Society shall ensure to:
• Respect all Security, Finance, Logistics and Human Resource procedures.
• Ensure to be familiar with security procedures while going on the field and to respect all related regulations.
• Provide information for monthly, quarterly and end of the project reporting to the donor.
• Contribute to the daily, weekly and monthly report development.
• Support in the filing of the support documentation in a proper manner.
|Job Location:||Mafraq, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Community Services|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|