The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
As part of the Protection team, the Protection Program Support Officer will report to the Senior Protection Coordinator and will be based in Amman, Jordan. S/he will work closely with Protection staff, supporting both Jordan- and Syria-based staff to ensure timely, effective and high quality administrative support on a range of program activities. Through this role, the successful applicant will be heavily involved in the day-to-day administrative work of the Protection Department, providing a unique opportunity to learn about program and grant management and the IRC’s protection programming.
o Support the Protection teams in the management of purchase requests (PRs) and payments, including:
• Follow up on outstanding PRs with approvals; track PRs for all program units, in part by maintaining Department trackers and a related database
• Follow-ups with the finance department and supply chain for advances and liquidations and double checking procurement requests.
• Prepare, compile, and sort hard copy documents safely and as appropriate.
• Provide updates and reports as it relates to PR and payment status and process as requested by Protection staff.
o Support the Protection team in onboarding of news staff and in the management of Syria-based incentive workers, including:
• For new hires, coordinating the onboarding process, including the acquisition of employee assets through Supply Chain and Admin.
• Manage contract process for new and existing incentive workers including drafting contracts on time, tracking contract duration and upcoming renewals, preparing and following up on ATC requests, follow up on all other necessary documentation and/or issues;
• Maintain and manage an updated incentive worker database and follow up contracts’ duration and need for contract renewal or revisions;
• Compile and prepare all documents necessary for the payment of incentive worker salaries each month.
• Provide discrepancy reports and proposed risk mitigation measures for remote data management
• Otherwise develop and maintain a close working relationship with the Human Resources department and act as a key focal point with respect to onboarding and Admin-related issues.
o Ensure management of internal program audits:
o Ensure that program-specific checklists/SOPs are fully executed and deliverables are reached
o Lead on internal review of adherence to Standard Operating Procedures and programmatic guidelines based on audit plan agreed upon with Senior Protection Coordinator; draft reports on findings from review exercise, highlighting issues for follow-up with Senior Protection Coordinator
o Otherwise support learning and implementation of corrective action and best practice
o Provide general administrative support to the Protection team, including:
• Support officers and managers with their management of staff cash advances, liquidations and reimbursements;
• Input into the preparation of spending plans as it relates to open and planned procurement, staff and incentive worker payments, and planned activities;
• Provide support and technical assistance to Protection staff inside Syria as it relates to program administrative matters and tasks to ensure compliance to protocols, procedures, and grant requirements; where necessary, document and support awareness and compliance of key processes and procedures.
• Support teams to organize internal and external office meetings;
• Maintain a centralized shared folder of all relevant IRC standard operating procedures, rules and regulations, and important program documents for Jordan and Syria-based teams to access;
• Support teams to manage, assign and distribute IT supplies and assets for staff use;
• Otherwise maintain planning and tracking tools that relate to Department administration
• Support with translations of program documents and information;
• Support with any other administrative tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
• Fulfill any other administrative tasks to support programs as required by the Protection Coordinators;
o As requested support field level coordination, in part by consolidating planning inputs from Protection units and otherwise supporting effective coordination, communication and documentation
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Support Services|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|