Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental organization working in more than 40 countries in the fields of nutrition, food security and livelihoods, water sanitation and hygiene, and care practices. Action Against Hunger is looking for its program in Jordan for Psychosocial Worker – Irbid Base:
Assignement: To provide capacity building and conduct psychosocial activities at community based level, through identified CBOs and partners.
Mission 1: To implement awareness raising sessions on mental health and psychosocial support
• Provide direct awareness-raising sessions based on a guidebook, focused on mental health and psychosocial issues such as stigma, traumatic event, depression, anxiety, stress, grief, family issues, etc.
• Evaluate the beneficiaries’ knowledge before and after the sessions.
• Favour exchange and participation among the beneficiaries.
• Identify and support local partners (CBOs) in delivering awareness and psychoeducation activities and facilitate their access to beneficiaries and local media.
• Contribute to MHPSS campaign through volunteers, by training and supporting them, and developing mass media tools (such as radio).
Mission 2: To build capacities of identified CBOs, local partners and community influential members
• Train and supervise CBOs, partners and community members on basic helping skills, Problem Management + and on referral pathway; and on training their own staff
• Participate in elaborating self-help technics and adapting them according to the target population
• Support local partners to observe, monitor their activities and evaluate their impact
Mission 3: To contribute to the other MHPSS activities
• Participate to Action Against Hunger psychosocial workers training and supervision on WHO approaches and Action Against Hunger methodologies conducted by the MHPSS programme manager and the technical expert.
• Contribute to identification and mapping of PHCCs, CBOs, other actors and potential partners in the area with the aim to build their capacities or coordinate with them
• Support actively the referral system model of the project
• Contribute to needs and gaps assessments
• Participate to local and national workshops organized by the programme manager, involving partners, community members, etc
• Contribute to monitoring and evaluation by collecting data in the field
• Understand and follow the logistics, financial and security procedures enabling the project implementation
Mission 4: To guarantee and ensure the strict respect of confidentiality
• Ensure data confidentiality, ownership of project beneficiaries and Action Against Hunger
• Guarantee the confidentiality of individual or group counselling.
Education: Secondary education and experience in health education or social diploma
Type of professional experience requested:
• At least 1 years of professional experience and field experience with humanitarian NGO
• Experience working in developing and urban contexts
• Experience working on the Syrian crisis, Middle East, (desired)
Language + level: fluent in Arabic (English is an asset)
*This Vacancy will be closed by 24 July 2018 COB.
|Job Location:||Irbid, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Monthly Salary:||US $1,000|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|