Public Health Specialist EPI section – HP & CDC – Ministry of Public Health
The holder of this position is involved in the planning, development, and implementation of communicable disease control and prevention programs and activities, including immunization services and consultation, investigations, training and counselling that will facilitate the delivery of targeted local public health programs to address community. The position holder will provide national public health standards reflecting international standards for children, individuals, groups and communities to improve health and well-being. The job holder is also involved in the delivery and implementation of expanded program on immunization and vaccines preventable-diseases activities.
Nature and Scope of Position
1. Assists in the planning and coordinates and participates in expanded program on immunization and vaccines preventable-diseases activities;
2. Participate in the implementation of policies and strategies on national level reflecting international standards related to the improvement of the health status of the population of Qatar by controlling and preventing the vaccines preventable-diseases;
3. Communicable disease control and outbreaks response and endemic and pandemic emergency preparedness and response; potential or actual outbreaks and in relation to vaccines preventable-diseases.
4. Monitoring and Implementing routine national Immunization programs activities to health care and public facilities; to ensure compliance and provision of safe and effective vaccinations and development of related protocols and guidelines;
5. Actively participate in the needs assessment of the community, in partnership with the community, Public Health and primary Health care teams, private sectors and other agencies to facilitate delivery of public health services;
6. Defines program support requirements (including availability human resources, logistics, procurement, transport, accommodation, communications etc., ) in order to insure effective service delivery of the projects;
7. Provides technical guidance to staff and Assists with development and implementation of manuals;
8. Participate in the identification of training needs & development of training programs that will meet the needs of vaccination section;
9. Liaises with other Healthcare Professionals, Private and Public Healthcare facilities and laboratories to collate and disseminate information;
10. Assists in preparation of annual reports of the HP & CDC department and its units including statistics;
11. Prepares, present and reviews clear and concise written narrative reports and prepares statistical reports, surveys and studies;
12. Leads, plans, assigns and reviews the work of disease investigation and intervention staff in relation to EPI Disease;
13. Participates in emergency response activities related to endemic and pandemic enquiries;
14. Supervise hot line staff during emergencies or outbreaks to handle questions regarding communicable diseases;
15. Supervise Private Clinics Inspection visits to ensure the private clinics compliance and provision of safe and effective vaccinations;
16. Actively participate in training and research when required to ensure that high standards of clinical and nursing practices are maintained within governance frameworks;
17. Participates in approved training programs and maintains continued medical education and professional development;
18. Demonstrates up to date specialized knowledge and/or expertise and be able to embrace, learn and apply new technology;
19. Maintains strict confidentiality of clients and records in all aspects of his/her work;
20. Responds to public inquiries and provides information within the area of assignment; resolves complaints in an effective and timely manner;
21. Answers questions related to communicable diseases from the medical community and the general public; assists with calls that exceed the normal scope of lower level staff;
22. Monitors progress of ongoing projects and Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
23. Coordinates and Participates as (CO-PI) in original and applied research in the area of communicable diseases and coordinates ongoing and special research projects for the section/ department as needed.
||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing
||Government Sector; Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician; Healthcare, other
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Public Health Specialist EPI section – HP & CDC – Ministry of Public Health بكل سهولة الان مجانا.