“World leader in building materials, the company extracts resources from the heart of the earth to bring out materials to the heart of life. Present in 90 countries, the Group responds to the world's demand for housing and infrastructure. the company is driven by the needs of its customers, shareholders, local communities and architects. The Group creates specialist solutions which encourage creativity whilst leaving a lighter trace on the world.”
Overall Job Mission:
The role of this job holder is to challenge, support and drive performance improvement in the domain of quality in the plant in order to translate market requirements into manufacturing needs, maximize sustainable business results and manufacturing excellence.
The primary focus of the job holder is to define and implement short, medium and long term strategies to meet customers’ product quality expectations at minimum cost.
Scope of Work:
Health & Safety
- Be H&S compliant; act as a role model in plants, be safety conscious and proactive contributing to shaping a Group safety culture.
- Actively participate in training and engage people in safety discussions.
- Provide support for safety in the domains of quality and product application activities: observation and identification of process risks (e.g. handling of chemical, sampling procedure), risk assessments, and safety audits.
Plant Support and Implementation of Process Tools & Systems
- Ensure Compliance of products as well as in process and raw material to internal and external requirements to meet final product specifications & targets (Quality Mastery)
Assess compliance of the plants to the quality key performance indicators and provide feedback and take proper actions.
- Ensure Product uniformity by implementing quality control measures throughout the manufacturing process to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Translate customer needs and requirements into properly defined product specifications and portfolio and perform technical analysis on customer complaints with regards to quality and recommend corrective and preventive measures to ensure closure and non-recurrence of these complaints
- Perform required analysis and checks to ensure the compliance of laboratory results with valid standards and specifications and achieve Lab Mastery.
- Ensure the implementation of proper lab management system in alignment with the group standards, norms and best practices related to quality.
- Participate in research studies on new raw materials, alternative fuels in order to improve the quality of products and/or decrease production cost.
- Support plants in optimizing clinker reactivity and raw mix cost.
- Provide technical advice on issues related to Product Quality to optimize the performance.
- Ensure consistency of management systems to comply with ISO Standards.
- Build and develop a strong and aligned team. Support employees in their development, facilitate training modules, support competencies development projects (e.g. certification) and contribute to the development of plant expertise (e.g. coaching, mentoring).
- Assess performance and potential, retain high performing, business critical employees, manage underperforming employees: drive difficult discussion, take actions when necessary; implement transparently and fairly.
- Drive a culture of trust, open feedback, information exchange and discussion and creative idea generation.
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Quality Control|