HEKS/EPER Swiss Church Aid is the aid organization of the Protestant Churches of Switzerland and has its headquarters in Zurich/Switzerland. HEKS/EPER works towards a more humane and more equitable world, assisting people and communities to overcome economic, social or humanitarian disparities in order to gain autonomy and to live with dignity both in Switzerland and abroad. Therefore, HEKS/EPER engages in development cooperation, humanitarian aid and church cooperation. HEKS/EPER has its own coordination offices in presently 16 key countries and around 200 projects world-wide. HEKS/EPER is a member of the ACT Alliance.
Role: HEKS Regional Security Manager- Middle East
Location: Amman, Jordan
• Implement and HEKS-EPER Security Risk Management standard (if applicable and update it according to stakes of HEKS-EPER Humanitarian Aid Department in link with the goals of the mains institutional emergency funding instruments), including conducting threat and risk analyses for HEKS-EPER operational areas, designing risk mitigation measures and updating national security and contingency plans.
• Set up a field security network to be able to always allowing/maintaining the humanitarian access.
• Advise HEKS-EPER Regional Director, Desk Officers and Country Representatives on strategic conflict and risk analysis of the countries of responsibility.
• Coordinate and liaise with other entities and organizations in the sector.
• Train local staff and develop security and analytical competence of local security personnel and partners.
• Contribute and participate in the organization's strategy work related to safety, security and programs.
• Conduct security risk assessments and safety audits at each country office and by partners.
• Strengthen HEKS-EPER offices' crisis management capacity.
• Contribute to results-oriented planning, monitoring, documentation and reporting for the security field.
• Monitor and report on developments especially in high-risk countries in the region.
• Field and operational profile orientated to open/maintain/reinforce humanitarian access
• Documented field experience.
• At least five years’ experience with security related work in a management role.
• Experience from the development and/or humanitarian aid sector.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Documented background from training and coaching others on security.
• Willingness to travel in the region as required.
• Strong security network.
• Able to work independently and to problem solve.
• Good communication skills.
• Good at team building.
• Flexible and able to work and stay calm under pressure.
Excellent oral and written English.
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|