The Retail Manager will be responsible for providing visitors with a continuation of the museum experience generating earned revenue consistent with the character and standards of the museum.
1. Develop a vision and long-term plan for the profitable growth of museum sales while reflecting the museum’s mission.
2. Develop merchandise mix strategies within the context of non-profit retail that promote the collection, exhibits and current retail trends. Continually research market for new sources of inventory and ensure all merchandise is appropriate and related to museum’s mission.
3. Plan, develop, and find sources for museum-branded custom merchandise including concept, design, production, pricing, and delivery in collaboration with appropriate staff. Maintain organized product files (proposals, contracts/agreements, quotes, performance reports, etc.).
4. Oversee purchase of merchandise for resale within the annual merchandise-buying plan (OTB) and within established net profit margin. Prepare purchase orders for merchandise; receive merchandise, verify quantity and cost, and forward necessary paperwork to Accounting.
5. Prepare, analyze, and manage annual operating budgets, unique financial reports developed specifically for the store, inventory, projections, etc. Establish appropriate markup and regulate pricing structures.
6. Hire, train, schedule, and supervise store team members. Set and monitor sales goals, and performance management. Prepare and present annual employee evaluations.
7. Establish and monitor cash and inventory control system; conduct annual physical inventory and report inventory valuations to Accounting; maintain adequate inventory levels. Fulfill all sales order
transactions; ensure that daily sales reports are completed and petty cash and sales receipts balance; pull stock for shipments and transfers.
8. Establish merchandise themes and implement these into attractive displays.
9. Maintain operating policies and procedures. Set, communicate, and ensure compliance with policies for sales, reports, handling of merchandise, customer service, cash handling, returns, and store opening and closing. Maintain customer and vendor database and files. Maintain regular store hours, as well as operate during special events, including evenings and weekends as necessary.
10. Interface with other museum departments in all relevant aspects of the promotion, advertising, and utilization of the store. In conjunction with others in the organization, develop and manage all retail advertising, marketing, and special promotions.
11. Coordinate and order all necessary inventories for special events, educational programs, and author appearances. Plan and implement seasonal merchandising themes.
12. Oversee wholesale and Web sales programs.
13. In conjunction with the Information Technology (IT) department, supervise all point-of-sale/retail software and hardware problems, issues, and updates.
14. Maintain confidentiality of all museum and proprietary information.
15. Take shifts on the sales floor to lead and train by example.
16. Other duties as assigned.
||Al Kuwait, Kuwait
||United Arab Emirates; Bahrain; Djibouti; Algeria; Egypt; Iraq; Jordan; Comoros; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Morocco; Mauritania; Oman; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Sudan; Somalia; Syria; Tunisia; Yemen
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Retail Manager بكل سهولة الان مجانا.