Risk Analyst Microbiology – Ministry of Public Health
The Microbial Risk Analyst will conduct food safety risk analysis to international best practice standards to minimize the probability of microbiological hazards from entering the food chain and causing food borne illness. Food Safety Risk Analysis includes an assessment of the risks, determination of appropriate measures to control the risks and to communicate with stakeholders about the risks and measures applied.
Nature and Scope of Position:
1. Contribute towards the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and/or operational manuals for risk analysis activities to international best practice standards;
2. Assist the Director and the Section Head to develop annual work plans, projects and budgets and ensure that the Section is well resourced to undertake its functions effectively and efficiently;
3. Assist with the recruitment of technical staff for the Section and with their orientation, training, performance management, conflict management and other functions to ensure that they are effective members of a high performance team;
4. Assist FSEH with the implementation of Quality Management Systems including, if required, attaining accreditation to international Quality Management Standards;
5. Conduct microbial risk assessments on food products using international best practice methodologies which includes identifying the hazards associated with the food, hazard characterization, exposure assessment and risk characterization. The risk assessment process requires intensive research into the best available scientific data/information and analysis for risk characterization prior to the determination of technically justifiable risk management decisions or options;
6. The findings of the risk analysis should be documented and made available to the stakeholders through formal risk communication channels. The communication with stakeholders should be objective, open and transparent and the assumptions made, data gaps and uncertainties made explicit;
7. Based on the findings of risk analysis undertaken or other relevant risk analysis information, recommend changes to food safety policies, regulations, standards or SOPs which would contribute to a more effective food safety management;
8. Recommend research which needs to be conducted to obtain data/information to fill data gaps and improve the quality of the risk analysis process and where possible, collaborate with researchers;
9. Develop and maintain a document repository on all risk analysis undertaken and the supporting data/information used in the studies. When an electronic management system is deployed ensure that the risk analysis document repository is integrated with the other software applications;
10. Provide technical advice to the managers of the operations divisions to implement risk management decisions effectively and constantly monitor the effectiveness of such measures and provide feedback to the management team;
11. Constantly monitor reported cases of food borne illness both within Qatar and internationally to detect emerging food safety incidents so that appropriate risk management measures can be proactively taken to minimize risks to the consumers in Qatar;
12. Support the operations divisions, especially the food premise and port health inspection services, to implement risk-based inspection systems;
13. Work in close collaboration with the Central Food Laboratory, the Surveillance and Monitoring section and the Emergency Response section to keep informed on emerging issues and factor that into the work of the risk analysis section;
14. When required represent FSEH at national and international meetings on risk analysis or other relevant technical matters;
15. Contribute towards the design and development of electronic management systems to automate workflows and keep accurate records of activities;
16. Work effectively and harmoniously with all relevant sections of FSEH to achieve the objectives and Key Performance Indicators of FSEH;
17. Maintain professional competence and update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and journals, and participating in professional organizations;
18. Undertake other duties related to food safety management as allocated by the Director or Section Head.
a) Demonstrates knowledge and applying of Vision, Mission and Values of the Ministry of Public Health
b) Demonstrates extraordinary customer service by fulfilling all customer requirements within the accepted standards of time, cost and quality;
c) Complies with all the laws and regulations of the State of Qatar and the policies of the Ministry of Public Health and points out non-compliance by others;
d) Maintains regular attendance, punctuality, dedication to position with optimal utilization of the working hours.
e) Deals with non-negotiable integrity in all matters at the workplace and outside of work
f) Accepts responsibilities in different shifts, both during or outside normal working hours and during official holidays, if required by the organization;
g) Accepts, within reasonable boundaries, working with males or females of divergent nationality within or outside the department;
h) Demonstrates respect for colleagues and works as a team player enabling the flow of communication, refrains from rumours, gossip and ill-will for colleagues;
i) Contribution in transferring experiences and knowledge serving work interest;
j) Participation and contribution in any activity / project which would contribute in improving Ministry of Public Health performance;
k) Accepting to deal and communicate, within the scope of work, with all departments and sections of the Ministry of Public Health and other third parties, taking into consideration the administrative hierarchy.
||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Risk Analyst Microbiology – Ministry of Public Health بكل سهولة الان مجانا.