This position will be responsible for supporting the implementation of a robust program to mitigate risks and automate manual processes across the company by building a close working relationships with the executive team, controllership, internal audit, compliance, and other corporate functions.
This position will also lead a department of professionals to continuously monitor and report performance with KPIs and other tools required in the furtherance of risk management and internal control objectives
- Manage the execution of all RMC led activities by the Controllership, including risk assessment; control testing; finance process KPIs; policy and procedures; policy deviations; controls automation; external audit issues; and balance sheet reviews.
- Advise on the company-wide risk management, risk assessment and corporate governance programs with the Controllership.
- Organize meetings to discuss RMC activities and conduct workshops to train users and roll-out new initiatives.
- Communicate the RMC results periodically to the top executive management after collecting data from businesses and presenting on an online dashboard.
- Interact with the Chairman and the CEO to communicate RMC results and gather feedback on controls related to their personal payments.
- Randomly review and assess the adequacy of business units’ control testing and account reconciliation results to provide independent assurance to the management.
- Provide feedback on new or updated policies and procedures developed by the business units.
- Follow-up and track remediation status of deficiencies identified during controls testing and KPIs.
- Manage companywide implementation of corporate projects to automate manual processes within budgetary cost controls.
- Reorganize the process of central trade-credit collections and accounting, and design the related computer-based system, for effective management and tracking.
- Lead the designing of interfaces between SAP / Non-SAP accounting systems, central payment management system, Treasury, SWIFT network, and Banks for end-to-end integrated payments.
- Execute especial internal audits and fraud investigations to provide independent report to management on the deficiencies in the control environment and recommend improvements.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in IT systems to provide guidance and advise alternate technologies, IT risk and controls, relevant standards, and historic control weaknesses in the company.
- Administrate the Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC) computer software called BWise that is used to manage various RMC activities.
|Job Location:||Al Kuwait, Kuwait|
|Job Role:||Accounting and Auditing|