Parsons is the Project Consultant for the construction supervision of a large prestigious infrastructure project in Qatar. The Work scope comprises roads, highway intersections, bridges and other structures, electrical (HV and LV), potable water, sewerage (foul water) drainage, stormwater drainage networks and other utility/services networks.
The Safety Engineer is part of the HSE team and will be providing all necessary assistance to the construction supervision team concerning all safety, health and environmental issues. He will review and approve the safety plans of the contractor, and he will monitor the safety of the works and the safety of the traffic diversions and ensure compliance with the regulations.
The Safety Engineer provides a focal point for all safety issues throughout the construction contract by reviewing contractor’s safety submittals, visiting the site, chairing the weekly safety meetings, following up on non-conformances, and taking a lead role in ensuring the contractor complies with his approved Safety Plan and attends regular safety audits.
• Assists in the development of the Project Safety, Health and Environment Plan (PSHEP).
• Monitor the construction activities against the requirements of the project’s health, safety and security management plan.
• Provides SH&E expertise and ensures project compliance with Corporate SH&E requirements.
• Provides technical supervision of SH&E performance, qualifications and programs.
• Assist and participate in SH&E training
• Provides the project with health and safety expertise and ensures the project complies with corporate H & S requirements.
• Check safety requirements in the Method Statements and monitor the implementation during construction.
• Check proper maintenance, calibration and operation of all safety equipment.
• Check and ensure that all equipment has been tested by third parties as required and all operators have the proper permits.
• Check the site security, fire, first aid and welfare facilities and ensure that all procedures appropriate to the Works are provided and properly maintained.
• Check and ensure that all agreed safety standards and applicable regulations are observed.
• Assist and participate in site safety training.
• Participate in the investigation of all accidents and dangerous occurrences.
• Set a high personal example of Health & Safety at all times.
• Monitor the application of all safety requirements by Parsons Construction team and report to the HSE Manager any deficiency for corrective action.
• Coordinate with the construction team on all activities undertaken by the Contractor concerning safety requirements especially for traffic management, deep excavation, movement of equipment, etc.
• Review the Contractor safety reports and produce Parsons Safety reports for the SRE review and approval.
• Coordinate all safety issues with Client/PMC and other stakeholders as directed by the QHSE and SRE.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Civil Engineering|
|Company Industry:||Consulting Services|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|