General Statement of Duties:
The Senior Professional Services Engineer serves as an technical product expert in ITG’s portfolio of software products; Highly proficient in product use, product deployment and resolution of technical support issues; delivers onsite support / consulting services at customer locations and remote engagements; adheres to department and company policies and procedures; contributes to the growth and enhancement of the quality of the Professional Services discipline; and proactively supports the success of ITG Software teams; works from written specifications and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the role. Provides subject matter, business-process expertise and technical leadership; leads client support tasks / projects to successful completion.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide onsite and remote setup, installation, configuration and training of ITG Software products.
• Act as a technical reference / subject matter expert in all areas of the product features and client business processes of one or more of ITG's business verticals.
• Facilitate the customer engagement process including: identifying requirements, setting expectations and ensuring prerequisites are completed prior to the engagement.
• As a customer advocate and account steward, demonstrate relentless commitment to developing effective solutions to the unique challenges customers face in optimizing the effectiveness of ITG Software products.
• Make recommendations to enhance the likelihood of customer success, including: system configuration, workflows, remediation of defects, application usage, enhanced product features and improvements to implementation of ITG Software products.
• Participate in and conduct demonstrations and events for customers evaluating ITG Software products.
• Identify and resolve engagement issues, independently, to the greatest extent possible – only escalating issues as appropriate, starting within the Professional Services team.
• Identify and report software defects to development teams via bug tracking system.
• Coach and develop team members to increase the team’s bench strength and flexibility.
• Participate in regular work process reviews with PSD team members to confirm use of best practices.
• Translate complex business, functional and technical requirements into detailed work / development tasks; prepare Project Scope statements.
• Participate in RFP response process by developing and compiling documentation.
• Estimate the duration of product deployment and training tasks.
• Create new and extend existing operational documentation and training materials based on industry best practices and established international standards; author detailed documentation for work processes.
• Deploy demonstration and sandbox websites loaded with relevant sample data for ITG’s entire software product-line.
• Prioritize and organize support tasks in order to contribute to meeting project and product deployment goals on-time and on-budget.
• Understand and evaluate new technologies, develop skills in new technologies.
• Provide ongoing technical support for assigned accounts; manage customer communication and expectations.
• Complete special projects and assignments as assigned.
• Hands on experience in networking (IP addressing, basic network configurations, DNS configuration).
• Hands on experience in software deployment and installation.
• Hands on experience in Windows IIS (Installation, administration, manage Sites, SSL, backup/restore) deploying ITG's products or similar software.
• Hands on experience in Windows Server administration tasks including configuration of load balanced/redundant clusters.
• Hands on experience working in teams that utilize Software Development Lifecycles.
• Database Knowledge (Backup/restore, import/export, execute scripts, update tables/records, database security, manage DB jobs).
• Experience working in Agile Development environments.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English / Arabic).
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Team-player that is positive, proactive and a motivated self-starter.
• Knowledge and experience with build and release management.
• Experience in quality assurance processes / tools.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent leadership, team building and relationship management skills.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Ability to follow and execute instructions with little or no managerial oversight.
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Information Technology|
|Company Industry:||Information Technology|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|