The overall responsibility of the Senior Child Protection Specialist is to contribute and support the assessment, design and guide staff/partners to initiate interventions to address violations of children’s rights to protection from abuse, exploitation, violence and neglect. S/he is responsible for ensuring that quality programmes are initiated and capacities developed to provide these kinds of protection to children in Save the Children’s programs in Jordan. S/he will be expected to participate in the strategy development, programme design, master budgeting, coordination, and support fundraising and recruitment for Save the Children Jordan’s programs.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: PDQ Director
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Contribute to the technical design of child protection interventions for both humanitarian and resilience programming.
• Ensure Child Protection considerations are integrated in multi-sectoral projects.
• Provide technical oversight and backstopping of all child protection activities to ensure successful program implementation.
• Provide support to the Child Protection Advisor in improving program quality by the development, review and cataloguing of standardised child protection and child protection in emergencies technical tools, manuals, guidelines, trainings, regulations and protocols.
• Participate in partner capacity building, mentoring and backstopping for Child Protection Interventions.
• Working closely with other technical staff, partners and Programme Manager, support the development of partner capacity building plans.
• Mobilise internal and external capacity-building opportunities.
• Contribute to the development and review of child protection strategy in line with Save the Children’s global priority areas of children without appropriate care including child protection in emergencies, violence and physical and humiliating punishment and working children. Contribute to Save the Children Jordan overall program strategy.
• Keep abreast of child protection sector trends, developments and policy and adapt and promote introduction of new methodologies, innovations and best practices.
• Work closely with senior staff to support fundraising for child protection, including development of high quality concept notes and proposals, and engagement with donors’ technical advisers.
• Provide timely inputs to program and donor reports on child protection project activities in compliance with internal Save the Children Jordan requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
• Working closely with the HR team, identify child protection staffing needs (both national and international) Child Protection programmes, and ensure rapid recruitment, induction and training of new staff.
• Working closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) team put in place a child protection monitoring plan, ensuring this links to reporting requirements, and capacity build child protection and field staff in carrying out the work.
• Working closely with the MEAL team to put in place accountability activities for child protection, ensuring that feedback from all partners / relevant stakeholders is considered in programme design.
• Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Settings, the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct.
Representation & Advocacy & Organisational Learning:
• Ensure that Save the Children Jordan’s work is coordinated with efforts of other agencies, and take a leadership role within the Amman Hub Child Protection Working Groups Coordination forums, ensuring the specific needs of children are being addressed.
• Ensure lessons learned and good practice are documented and communicated to shape in-country strategies and program approaches, and contribute to broader sector learning
• Provide technical inputs/support to other Save Offices when directed by SCJ management.
• Document lessons learned for wider dissemination.
• In collaboration with senior programme staff, develop child protection advocacy plans and support advocacy activities that target decision-makers at all levels.
• Identify opportunities and material to contribute to communications and media work, acting as a spokesperson when required.
• Comply with Save the Children Jordan policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
BEHAVIORS (Values in Practice)
• holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
• sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
• widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children Jordan, engages and motivates others
• future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
• builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
• values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• willing to take disciplined risks.
• honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Training and Development|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|