Senior Civil-Traffic/Transportation Engineering
• Plans, creates and manages traffic/Transportation/Urban Mobility engineering design that is well considered, safe, functional, technically accurate and as creative as possible with respect to client's briefs, without compromising on the laws and regulations of that given area where the construction will be undertaken.
• Undertakes high degree of independent decision making and professionalism, capable of assuming complete responsibility for all typical duties and specific functions and responsibilities, within the authority limits delegated by senior management.
• Develops design solutions, high quality presentation drawings, and technical packages from concept design, through design development, final design to tender and contract documentation.
• Ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines, stakeholders and the client or client's representative involved in assessing Traffic/Transportation/Urban Mobility matters to resolve Urban Mobility matters.
• Maintains regular contact with all assigned project clients, strives to develop best possible working relationship and client satisfaction.
• Ensures that Traffic/Transportation/Urban Mobility engineering designs are within budget, on schedule and in conformance with the appropriate standards, specifications and applicable regulatory requirements and future-proofed against relevant trends in Integrated Urban Mobility and mobility—related components of a Smart City approach.
• Carry out the technical reviews for all areas of work covered in Traffic/Transportation/Urban Mobility engineering and infrastructure projects. These include, but are not necessarily limited to, Traffic/Transportation/Urban Mobility operations analysis, TIS tasks, plans for safe control and flow of traffic, Simulating transport (all modes including bicycle and pedestrian) problems using computer models, and working out solutions, analysing and interpreting data gathered from transport/urban mobility studies, forecasting the impact of new developments, looking at schemes to manage Traffic/Transportation/urban mobility, Studying accident 'black spots' to design road safety and walkable urban space improvements.
• Writing reports for funding bids and planning authorities land surveying, geo-technical and site investigation, roads, water storage and distribution, drainage systems. In certain cases prepare basic design layouts in coordination with Master planning. Evaluate requests and recommend appropriate solutions and propose changes as necessary and with recommendation of required /applicable Climate Change Resilience solutions. Gather; research and analyze pertinent data and information and prepare recommendations with supporting technical data. Prepare specifications and equipment data sheets.
• Provide proposal for technical content of project development and executive plans, including defining design and construction criteria and advising on procurement strategies for critical items. Assist project engineer to expand and develop his program within budgetary constraints.
• In consultation with Senior Manager Civil/Structural Engineering prepare the Basis for Design (BFD), help in selection of essential standards for use, identify design through put, specifications, technical risks, facility safeguarding, safety and health requirements and infrastructure requirements. In consultation with other Discipline Engineers and Architects prepare design proposals, as appropriate.
• Visit work sites to establish existing conditions. Review applicability of existing drawings, Standards and Specifications and recommend appropriate changes. Where appropriate, supervise basic surveying work sufficient to meet the design needs or prepares a scope of work for a third party to carry out the survey. Contribute to the development of cost estimates.
• Review and endorse conceptual designs, schematic designs and detailed designs for building / facilities and infrastructure work, based on the approved SOW.
• Support the preparation of design briefs for assigned designer / Technicians. Review and approve their work
• Develop Scope of Work (SOW), Specifications and design criteria for Traffic/Transportation/Urban Mobility and infrastructure projects, for his functional area of work for inclusion in tenders for engineering consultancy and / or construction. Provide technical input to Material Requisitions (MRs).
• Review technical aspects of bids from consulting engineering companies and construction contractors, for his functional area of work. Support projects in identifying and assessing capability resources and technical strengths of consulting engineers, contractors and vendors, in the evaluation of technical bids and takes part in the Evaluation Committee meetings.
• Review and verify detailed design specifications and drawings, submitted by Contractors and Consulting Engineers.
• Provide technical support to Projects on design and construction (Civil / Structural) matters during detailed engineering, procurement, fabrication, testing, installation and commissioning stages of projects, which often involves site visits. Review and comment on pre-commissioning and start-up procedures and Operating and Maintenance manuals, appropriate to his functional area of work. Review material submittals referred from Projects.
• Assist in training and development of Qatari Engineers by mentoring and guiding them to build and enhance their capabilities.
• Keep abreast of current technology and best practices equipment and activities, by reading various trade journals, publications, by meeting Vendor Representatives and attending trade functions. Keep abreast of current regulations of Local and National authorities requirements especially but not limited to regarding Climate Change Resilience, Smart Cities and Automated Parking and Driverless-Vehicles¬based Urban mobility .
• Participate in technology development reviews to disseminate latest relevant technologies and technical reviews- especially but not limited to regarding Climate Change Resilience, Smart Cities and Automated Parking and Driverless-Vehicles-based Urban mobility at key stages of Project execution and of Project definition, if necessary.
• Deputize for Senior Manager Civil/ Structural Engineering, when required.
• Identify, to the Senior Manager Civil/Structural Engineering and the Project Engineers, time / resource requirements for all current and planned design projects assigned to him and update this information as necessary.
• Prepare and present technical papers to Line / Senior Management from time to time to promote knowledge sharing and/or strategies – especially but not limited to regarding Climate Change
• Resilience, Smart Cities and Automated Parking and Autonomous Vehicles-based Urban mobility
• Check the adequacy of designs produced by others, to ensure best practices and technical quality, in terms of providing safe / environmentally acceptable facilities, in compliance with codes, standards, principles, practices and specifications and future-proofed against relevant trends in Integrated Urban Mobility and mobility—related components of a Smart City approach.
• Support projects with advice on technical matters during construction, including construction safety and construction of temporary facilities. Attend progress meetings, if required.
• Inspect contractor, consulting engineer and vendor premises and witness Tests, as required.
التقدم للوظيفة الان