Be Part of a Global Firm Committed to a Sustainable World
Senior Electrical Engineer
Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
Performs advanced, complex engineering assignments using convention or innovative engineering techniques and analyses. At this level, the Engineer is fully proficient in the utilization of standard engineering theories and practices. Responsible to implement the project quality plan and quality procedures and productivity related to all electrical works in accordance with program of work on construction site. Assists in defining the process for execution of engineering activities related to all types of electrical systems; and to identify the need for specialty assistance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs complex engineering tasks and particularly important electrical engineering design work efficiently and accurately.
- Oversees the preparation of contract drawings, specifications, and other materials suitable for procurement and construction purposes. Regularly interfaces with other engineering disciplines as well as other departments.
- Reviews contract drawings, specifications and other procurement materials that have been prepared by others and provides comments on the results of the reviews.
- Reviews supplier drawing submittals and performs technical bid analyses.
- Prepares and issues specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents.
- Provides technical guidance to CAD designer/drafters, designers and engineers working on the same project.
- Leads, manages and coordinates the activities of all electrical engineering staff; and coordinates with the Design Manager.
- Serves as primary interface with the design consultants and construction contractor in performing design reviews or addressing construction-related issues related to the electrical systems.
- Understands all related codes and their application to the project; and overseas/manages the interface with local agencies to coordinate design standards usage and monthly approvals’ process.
- Acts in an advisory capacity to senior management personnel on engineering related matters.
- Maintains awareness of the project electrical specifications, drawings and design criteria.
- Provides regular reports on progress to the Design Manager; and needs for additional or specialty staffing.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Electrical Engineering|
|Company Industry:||Consulting Services|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|