BACKGROUND: Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading international organization working in relief, rehabilitation, protection, post-conflict development, resettlement services and advocacy for those affected by the world’s worst humanitarian crises. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
Working in coordination with the humanitarian community and the Government of Jordan, the IRC's assistance programs for Syrian refugees in Jordan include both camp-based and urban-based refugee assistance. IRC is currently addressing the needs of war-affected Syrians from several operational bases in the region. The IRC’s activities in the region focus primarily on the supply of vital medications and medical supplies, non-food items, water and sanitation and child protection and form part of an over-arching humanitarian response in Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey, Iraq to assist refugees, IDPs and conflict-affected Syrians survive conflict and displacement.
The Azraq Sr. Field Management Officer will be based in Azraq camp, and directly supervise operational team in Azraq camp and coordinate their work in supporting projects and programs implemented by IRC inside Azraq camp to ensure the timely implementation of quality programming that meet the assessed need of the beneficiaries. The Azraq Sr. Field Management Officer will also support the Field Manager, Deputy Director of Operations (DDO) and Deputy Director of Programs (DDP) in representing IRC in coordination meetings and in front of authorities, and facilitation of donor visits.
Coordination and representation
• The Azraq Sr. Field Management Officer will support the DDO & DDP to ensure various sector departments / teams are integrated and that there is cross collaboration and coordination amongst the teams
• Get regular updates from programs on activities and challenges, and ensure providing support to overcome challenges and ensure smooth program implementation
• In close coordination with the DDO, the Azraq Sr. Field Management Officer will represents IRC in meetings with local authorities, NGOs, UN agencies and other external actors.
• Attend camp coordination meetings, and community representatives meetings and ensure proactive participation and response to any points that are addressed to IRC’s attention.
• Under Coordination with DDO & DDP, liase (internally & externally) and follow up on donors visit to different field programs.
• With the support of Field Manager, oversee work of Azraq operational team ensuring all policies, procedures and practices are in compliance with IRC, donor and national requirements
• Ensure proper lead time is being respected when processing PRs, payments and similar requests related to Operations & Finance at the field level
• Act as the main focal person for secutiry in Azraq camp, and ensure compliance with IRC security plans and protocols; in coordination with and support of the Field Manager and Safety & Security officer
• Develop and regularly monitor staffing and field operational strategy to support programs, including contingency plans in cases of growth or downsizing;
• Ensure effective coordination between Program, SC, finance, and vendors for procurements related to programs and financial matters.
• Lead and oversee regular market surveys.
• Coordinate transportation of procured items to other IRC locations, in support of the field head of drivers.
• Consistently update the BVA System in order to ensure compliance with reporting, and that information is available to requestors to track the progress made on procurements
Staff Management: Practice excellent human resource management, supporting the development, promotion and retention of a motivated team of qualified and experienced staff.
• Ensure strong working relationships and team cohesion between the team in Azraq camp, and with other IRC offices
• Identify staffing and/or skill gaps and see that these gaps/needs are filled.
• Supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and leading documented semi-annual performance reviews; and discussing job expectations, performance, and objectives on an informal, quarterly basis with all staff
• Promote and monitor staff care and well-being; approve and manage leave requests to ensure adequate coverage.
• If/as required identify staff performance issues and work with Human Resources to document and address these in accordance with the employment policies.
• Adhere to and act in accordance with the IRC Global HR Policies and Procedures
Training & Outreach: Proactively develop the skills of IRC staff to understand and utilize Supply Chain, HR and financial tools and services to design and implement quality programming.
• Collaborate and coordinate with Programs, SC and Finance teams to ensure integrated and harmonized operational systems and support.
• Work with field Manager to identify operational needs and ensure the issues are raised and addressed in a timely manner.
• Ensure all support staff are aware of and in compliance with IRC procurement, transport, communications, etc, in order for them to clearly share and follow such policies.
• Implement job and site specific trainings to ensure that program and operational staff possess the knowledge and skills commensurate with their responsibilities.
• Review and submission of monthly field reports on fuel consumption, Generators usage, vehicles usage, SCMR, etc.
• Any other task as required by supervisor.
PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Position reports to: Field Manager
Position directly supervises: Operations Officer, Operations Driver
Indirect Reporting: Deputy Director of Operations
Other internal: Procurement Manager, Program Managers, Program Coordinators, Finance Controller, HR staff
Other external: Camp authorities, Donors, other INGOs in Azraq camp, and other relevant stakeholders.
|Job Location:||Zarqa, Jordan|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|