AMF seeks to appoint a “Senior Financial Sector Specialist” or “Senior Financial Economist” in the
Arab Financial Markets Division within the Economic and Technical Department of the Fund.
In view of the Fund’s strategy aiming at “Developing programs and initiatives to strengthen the financial and monetary sectors, and enhancing access to finance and financial services” on the one hand, and “Strengthening the Fund’s position as a key center of convergence and consultation for policy-makers, particularly its role as the Technical Secretariat of the Arab Central Banks Governors Council and its subcommittee the Arab Committee on Banking Supervision” on the other hand, the Fund is in the process of implementing various activities and programs including those that concern banking supervision and financial stability. Therefore, the primary focus of this position is banking supervision and financial stability topics, in addition to a total knowledge of the major aspects related to the financial sector and capital markets development in the region.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Contribution in the elaboration of the annual financial stability report on the Arab region.
2. Contribution in the organization and preparation of the meetings of the Arab Committee on Banking Supervision, and the Regional Task Force on Financial Stability.
3. Follow-up with the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision, and the Financial Stability Board, as well as all the other relevant authorities.
4. Follow-up with the Arab Central Banks and Monetary Agencies on topics and issues related to banking supervision and financial stability.
5. Data analysis and preparation of working papers and studies related to banking supervision and financial stability.
6. Participation in field missions organized in the context of the financial sector development initiatives of the Fund.
7. Contribution in the organization of the meetings, conferences and workshops organized by the AMF on relevant topics.
8. Formulating suggestions regarding the development of the Arab capital markets division’s
work and activities in light with its mandate and objectives.
The fund offers competitive terms of service in accordance with the applicable employment policy, which includes tax free salary, housing, furniture, air tickets, education allowance, and life & medical insurance.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|Job Location:||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Accounting and Auditing|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
|Nationality:||United Arab Emirates; Bahrain; Djibouti; Algeria; Egypt; Iraq; Jordan; Comoros; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Morocco; Mauritania; Oman; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Sudan; Somalia; Syria; Tunisia; Yemen|