1. JOB DETAILS:
Functional Title:Team Leader- Release Management & Disaster Recovery
Corporate Title:Senior Manager
Reports to:Unit Head- Infrastructure and Operations
Department:Information Systems & Technology
Section:Infrastructure and Operations.
2. JOB PURPOSE:
Job holder will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs. Where necessary you’ll provide tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production. The job holder also takes care of the IT Disaster Recovery.
1. Formulates Plan and release windows and cycles across a portfolio
2. Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and
3. Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
4. Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates.
5. Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
6. Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No- Go reviews
7. Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
8. Weekly Release Reporting
9. Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
10.Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
11.Lead and co-ordinate DR activation, RM, Implement DR policies through DR arrangements such as regular data backups; secure data archival; backup restoration; secure on- and off-site storage of backup media; provision of alternative IT processing facilities, networks etc.;
Leads CAB functions, tacking of changes / release in CAB
Review and verification of release documentation
Platform based tools for release tracking and reporting to
Tracking, deployment and reporting
CAB review and reporting
Review of release and change management documentation
Review of deployment plan, roll back procedures
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Information Technology|
|Nationality:||United Arab Emirates; Bahrain; Djibouti; Algeria; Egypt; Iraq; Jordan; Comoros; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Morocco; Mauritania; Oman; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Sudan; Somalia; Syria; Tunisia; Yemen|