Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work today in around 30 countries, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Syria crisis is often described as the worst humanitarian catastrophe since the end of the Cold War. Inside Syria, 7.6 people are internally displaced and 12.2 million are in need of humanitarian assistance. There are more than 4 million Syrian refugees living in neighboring countries. This is no short- term humanitarian episode. The devastating human consequences to huge numbers of people will endure for decades. The destruction of relationships, communities, livelihoods, homes and infrastructure will take years to repair. The IRC is offering a robust humanitarian response to the Syria crisis. With an annual budget in excess of $140 million and a rapidly expanding portfolio, supported by nearly 1300 staff, IRC’s Syria Response Region (SRR) is undertaking programs in Syria and neighboring countries of Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey and Iraq.
The Jordan country program operates in only in Jordan. This position will be dedicated to IRC response in Azraq Camp, which includes health, protection, livelihoods/vouchers, and works with a wide range of partners and sub-awardees
The position is based in Al Azraq Camp, the senior MEAL officer will assist in strengthening and ensuring the quality of implementation of the IRC’s in Jordan in Azraq. S/he will support in developing M&E systems and tools for in Jordan programs and will provide the needed technical support for the different programs inside Jordan.
• Assist in strengthening and ensuring the quality of the programs’ implementation
• Support the establishment and maintenance of strong M&E systems and practices in Al Azraq which that are in compliance with IRC country/regional/global strategies, guidelines and standards, Encompassing both programs implemented by IRC as well as programs implemented in partnership organizations.
• Provide M&E technical assistance to program teams in particular data collection data quality and reporting stages of program.
• Support planning and management of monitoring, verifications and assessments conducted in Al Azraq.
• Work in close coordination with the programs staff to ensure high level of implementation for programs.
• Work in close collaboration with the MEAL partnership specialist on conducting capacity building trainings for internal staff and partners staff on the’ M&E subjects.
• Ensure timely and accurate routine data collection.
• Support the programs in developing an effective documentation system to keep track of data source documents.
• Conduct regular data quality & implementation spot checks and ensure the data quality.
• Support data analysis and information presentation activities across the programs and provide quality assurance on the data collected by project staff.
• Provide suggestions to the program managers on how to improve the M&E system in the project.
•Support the development of the M&E unit and systems
The Senior MEAL Officer will be working in close coordination with the MEAL Manager to:
• Support MEAL manager in developing guidance on M&E procedures and process for the in Jordan activities.
• Support standardized MEAL across programs.
• Support MEAL manager in data collection tools development.
• Support MEAL Manager to define appropriate M&E methods to assess the programs’ outcomes and impact.
• Support programs to document programs’ best practices and lessons learnt to support the evidence-based learning process.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: MEAL manager.
Position directly supervises: The senior MEAL Officer will not be line managing any internal staff.
Indirect Reporting: MEAL Partnership Specialist, MEAL Coordinator.
Other Internal and/or external contacts
Internal: Internal collaborations
External: NGOs, partners.
|Job Location:||Zarqa, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Community Services|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|