1. At the beginning of project and periodically, obtain from the projects a forecast of the upcoming procurement needs (procurement lists, target dates, budgets) to avoid any potential bottleneck in the procurement activity.
2. Identify potential suppliers through conducting market scanning and research, proceed with their selection based on preset criteria and subsequently contact approved suppliers requesting quotes and price lists to maintain and extend the procurement database as well as to secure high quality supply channels.
3. Review and update vendors’ pricing periodically ensuring that existing price lists reflect the current state of the market and that BUTEC is minimizing actual costs.
4. Maintain and foster good relationships with suppliers through keeping them updated regarding BUTEC’s needs and intervene in the negotiation process when required to ensure that BUTEC is receiving the maximum Return On Investment.
5. Observe the company procurement policies and procedures ensuring that the guidelines are followed whenever a supplier contact is undertaken and provide the needed support regarding these guidelines.
6. Issue and dispatch concerned documents, intervene in and/or apply as necessary the procurement process that is handled by Level 1 employees to ensure efficient follow up on procurement requests.
Liaise and co-operate with relevant internal specialists, to determine items’ quality specifications and have their technical evaluation of selected items for a proper purchasing decision.
Co-operate and liaise with the warehouse to be better informed regarding the quality of rendered services and the supplied commodities.
Investigate reasons of complaints from Internal Customers, reviews the history of concerned suppliers and take proper measures to ensure customer satisfaction.
10. Handle minor deviations and promptly escalate complex ones to ensure their proper mitigation.
11. Coordinate internally with concerned partied to follow-up on payments (advance payments, bank transfers and documentary credits) related to orders to reduce unforeseen problems.
12. Ensure that the procurement documentation and correspondences are promptly filed, using both electronic solution (BIS) and paper filing, implement an efficient data retrieval system in order to ensure ease of access to up to date information at all times.
13. Participate in preparing the department budget, align procurement practices accordingly in order to ensure compliance.
14. Support junior colleagues in conducting of work, offering help and advice as required and providing guidance on purchasing and supplying techniques to ensure the transfer of knowledge within the department.
|Job Location:||Beirut, Lebanon|
|Job Role:||Purchasing and Procurement|
|Company Industry:||Construction/Civil Engineering|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|