1. Supervision of camp cleaning activities:
The senior project officer is responsible and accountable for the performance of the camp cleaning, in terms of outputs, quality, efficiency:
1.1 Organisation and planning
– The senior project officer, in collaboration with the Field/ Area coordinator, is responsible for planning and organizing the camp cleaning strategy, including contingency.
– The senior project officer is responsible for planning and overseeing resources and logistical requirements for the implementation of the camp cleaning activities, and reporting the needs of the program to the Field/ Area Coordinator.
– The senior project officer leads the strategic development of the solid waste, – camp cleaning at village level.
– Supervise the implementation of camp cleaning system in all villages and communal areas according to a pre-established schedule.
– Assist the Field/ Area coordinator in setting up contracts by providing and reviewing technical specifications.
1.2 Performance and quality monitoring
– The senior project officer is responsible for performance and quality oversight of the team, to ensure that standards and indicators are being met. This includes designing and implementing quality and performance improvement systems, and capacity building initiatives as required.
– The senior project officer is responsible to monitor that the IBV’s daily activity, rotation cycles and weekly/biweekly payment.
– The senior project officer is responsible for attending the info sessions, community representatives meeting and follow up the complaints.
1.3 Ongoing mentoring and on-site training of staff to ensure continuous improvement
– Skills development: the senior project officer is responsible for the skills development of the camp cleaning team through development and implementation of both class-room and field-level training and mentoring.
– Knowledge: the senior project officer is responsible for developing the knowledge of the camp cleaning team – both technically and by facilitating a reflective learning environment so the team strengthens their context-specific knowledge.
1.4 HR and time management
– The senior project officer, in collaboration with the Filed/ Area coordinator, is responsible for recruitment, conducting appraisals, quality control and disciplinary measures, and overall HR oversight of the team in adherence to ACTED’s policies. This includes implementing systems to monitor and report attendance, leave, etc., to ensure timely payment of staff.
– Ensure timely departure to and return from the field. This includes leaving to the field with all materials and documents which are needed for a successful working day as per duties mentioned in this ToR.
– The senior project officer agrees to work overtime if needed.
1.5 Information management
– The senior project officer is responsible for sharing information both to the team and from the team to the Filed/Area Coordinator and other programs.
2.1 Performance reporting
– The senior project officer is responsible for collecting and compiling daily / weekly / monthly monitoring data.
– Collect photos of program implementation and ensure that donor visibility is respected.
– Providing the PD with the weekly/monthly/ quarterly inputs, achievements, challenges and information might be needed for reports.
2.2 Ad hoc reporting
– The senior project officer is responsible for communicating issues, problems, challenges, or ideas to the Filed/Area Coordinator.
2.3 HR reporting
– The senior project officer is responsible for ensuring that incentive-based volunteer (IBV) systems are established and working well.
3. Communication and Coordination:
3.1 Communication with camp cleaning team
– The senior project officer will maintain open dialogue with all team members, and will treat all staff in a respectful way.
– The senior project officer will keep regular communication with the Field/ Area Coordinator.
3.2 Cross-program communication
– The senior project officer will act as a clear communication channel between ACTED’s programs, contractors, sub-contractors and beneficiaries.
– The senior project officer will attend coordination meetings, interagency meetings and joint-team meetings in the camp and will contribute to the liaison with other programs.
– In cooperation with the Field/ Area Coordinator in preparing BoQs and budgets upon request and as needed for Project Development.
– Perform any other duties as per project needs and as requested by the coordination team.
– The senior project officer is responsible for security management of his/her team and is responsible for knowing the location of all teams at any point in time, and to maintain regular communication with the team when in the field.
– The senior project officer is responsible for immediately reporting incidences to the Focal Point and Coordination.
– The senior project officer is responsible for implementing and communicating security or evacuation plans.
|Job Location:||Zarqa, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Community Services|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Monthly Salary:||US $2,000|