the Hydroponics Project Officer is responsible foroverseeing the implementation of the hydroponic agriculture pilot project underthe WFP food assistance program in Azraq Town, The hydroponic agricultureproject is a project involving 5 vulnerable volunteers who after appropriatetraining will be responsible to ensure a constant production of fodder foranimal consumption through a container specifically equipped for hydroponicagriculture. Project activities include: trainings, assessment, beneficiaries’selection, IBVs supervision and support.The project is also aiming at improving the food security and nutritionsituation in Azraq host communities through an increased availability and lowerprice of highly nutritious animal fodder that will in turn allow small farmersto increase their production of milk and/or meat.
1. Ensure the effective planning and the
implementation of the following activities supported by the volunteers.
2. With WFP, CBO and local
aithorities develop vulnerability criteria for beneficiary selection and select
the participants in line with guidelines provided by project and program
3. Provide 12 training sessions to beneficiary households with technical
support from NCARE, WFP
4. Supervise five-person teams of beneficiaries manage fodder production
through six a fodder production cycles including facilitating/supervising the
selling of the fodder and procurement of needed input.
5. Provide regular coaching and
monitoring of hydroponic activities throughout the project
6. Through the conducting and provision of reports the line manager on project
outcomes, including activities conducted, overall progress, challenges, and
7. Supporting the implementation of assessments, surveys and studies
8. Coordinate with CBO and fodder buyers as well as with seeds and other inputs
suppliers to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the hydroponic container.
|Job Location:||Zarqa, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Farming and Agriculture|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Monthly Salary:||US $1,500|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|