Senior Protection Manager – IRC International Rescue committee
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Syria crisis is often described as the worst humanitarian catastrophe since the end of the Cold War. Inside Syria, 7.6 million people are internally displaced and 12.2 million are in need of humanitarian assistance, with 4.8 million in hard-to-reach areas. There are 4 million Syrian refugees in neighboring countries. This is no short-term humanitarian episode. The devastating human consequences to huge numbers of people will endure for decades. The destruction of relationships, communities, livelihoods, homes and infrastructure will take years to repair.
IRC is offering a robust humanitarian response to the Syria crisis. With an annual budget in excess of $140 million and a rapidly expanding portfolio, supported by more than 3,000 staff and workers in the region, IRC is undertaking programs in Syria and the neighboring countries of Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon and Jordan in the fields of health, child protection, education, women’s protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, water and sanitation, and livelihood programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The Senior Protection Manager, based in the IRC Amman office, will be responsible for technical oversight and program mangment of IRC protection monitoring programming in North Western and Southern Syria. As such, the Senior Protection Manager supervises Protection Managers in Amman who are responsible for the implementation of the protection monitoring program. The overall goal of the protection monitoring program is to provide actionable information about the protection environment within northern Syria for advocacy and response targeting, and to directly facilitate information provision and referrals for vulnerable displaced populations. The Senior Protection Manager will work closely with the Protection Coordinator and Senior Integrated Protection Coordinator to develop an advocacy strategy.
• Responsible for managing, implementing and standardizing protection monitoring programming
• Oversees the activities of the protection monitoring program coordinating regular protection monitoring, emergency assessments, and awareness sessions ensures that program activities are responsive and executed to a high quality standard.
• Provide oversight and strategic guidance for the joint implementation of the protection cash programme including coordinating with the Economic Relief and Development team.
• Develop and continuously update and refine quality systems and tools for protection monitoring to ensure the effective collection and analysis of qualitative data relating to the protection environment, including physical safety and security, freedom of movement, documentation, safe and equitable access to services, etc.
• Ensure protection activities are of high technical quality, meet humanitarian standards and are flexible and responsive to contextual changes
• Ensure that protection-related internal and external reporting programmatic and donor requirements are met, and that reports are of a high quality and are submitted on time. Provide quality oversight of the information products coming from the information management team in coordination with the Protection Managers, inclusive of donor reporting.
• Using protection monitoring data support the development of advocacy messages relating to the Syrian humanitarian crisis.
• Strategically position the IRC’s protection monitoring findings in policy briefs and advocacy messages before the right targeted audience.
||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Senior Protection Manager – IRC International Rescue committee بكل سهولة الان مجانا.