To provide quantity surveying services, expertise and advice to all assigned end-user departments of the business and external clients.
• Review / Prepare BOQ from the Drawings and scope of work as per the relevant standard methods of measurement.
• Carry out / review quantity takeoff during various stages of project development in accordance with the standard methods of measurement.
• Carry out quantity , item and cost checks on the consultant BOQ / cost plans for correctness and issue relevant reports to the Sr. Cost Control Manager for further compliance by the consultant.
• Review / Assess the Claims, Change Request, Value engineering proposal submitted by various consultants during the pre tender stage.
• Review / Prepare and update CR Log and other change management forms required during the Pre- Contract stage.
• Assist in preparation of tender document and assist with commercial tender queries where appropriate.
• Supervise / Guide Quantity surveyors to ensure that the work is of the required quality.
• Contribute towards improving the business processes, to obtain value of money and productivity improvement.
• Review / Prepare departmental reports and statements accurately and in a timely manner.
• Provide support and assistance to cost estimation team.
• Review / Verify & certify the progress of works as per Invoice and payment application submitted by the contractor(s) during post contract stage.
• Review / Assess the Invoice and payment application submitted by the consultant(s) during post contract stage.
• Prepare and update CR Log and other change management forms required during the Post- Contract stage.
• Review/Assess the Claims and Change Request submitted by various Contractors / consultants during the post tender stage.
• Review /Prepare BOQ for change requests / CCF's from the Drawings and scope of work as per the relevant standard methods of measurement.
• Review /Prepare departmental reports and statements accurately and in a timely manner.
• Provide support and assistance to cost estimation team
• Stimulate subordinates and contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international leading practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Recommend improvements to departmental procedure and direct the implementation of instructions and controls covering a specific area of activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment
• Ensure compliance to all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental management procedures and controls within a defined area of activity to guarantee employee safety, compliance, delivery of high quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude.
MIS and Reports
• Prepare departmental MIS statements and reports timely and accurately to meet ASTAD and department’s requirements, policies and standards.
• Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Company Industry:||Consulting Services|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|