To provide a professional service to ASTAD covering control and execution of all aspects of the building and infrastructure construction works, during the execution stages of contracts and contract packages, covering architectural, civil / structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, telecom, IT, building management, infrastructure works, commissioning and end-user acceptance through to defects liability period.
Fully responsible to provide management, leadership and control of a team of Site Engineers to supervise and direct construction of buildings and infrastructure projects in accordance with the appropriate engineering, safety and environmental standards.
Supervision of Subordinates
• Organise and supervise the activities of Site Engineers in project construction section to ensure that all work within assigned Site is carried out in an efficient manner which is consistent with operating procedures and policy.
• Provide on-the-job training and constructive feedback to subordinates to support their overall development.
• Carry out administrative duties and exercise financial authority at the level established by Management for the position.
• Participate in the initial planning or scoping of a wide variety of multidiscipline projects as required. Review initial drawings, scope of work and other projects details.
• Verify work of Site Engineers to ensure their conformity to accepted standards and codes and comments and / or recommends revisions to suit ease of construction or to correct technical inconsistencies or errors. Meet with subordinate construction / site engineers to discuss their views and incorporate their comments in formal recommendations to Lead Site Engineer.
• Assist Lead Site Engineer in attending site pre-bids meetings with project tenderers to address queries or problems related to the interpretation of tender documents.
• Following award of each construction contract, supervise and coordinate project construction work stages personally and through subordinates. Participate in initial site meetings with Contractors to ensure they are fully conversant with project scope of work, construction programs, design drawings, material specifications and delivery dates in conjunction with Senior Project Engineer
• Assist Lead Site Engineer in approving material specifications, construction methods and programs as issued by Contractor. Monitor construction work through regular site meetings and visit with Contractor. Ensure that work is carried out in a safe timely and efficient manner, in accordance with contract term and conditions.
• Coordinate and direct, Site Engineers, during project handover stages originating documentation to departments concerned and initiate and arrange for required signatures of user department for acceptance and handover documentation. Ensure that all project outstanding items are cleared.
• Advise on preparation of as-built drawings, material lists and schedules.
• Supervise the remedial work in installations and facilities during the 12 month maintenance period.
• Aid Lead Site Engineer in preparation of final handover, contact completion certificates and forward all relevant project final as-built drawings, material lists and schedules to concerned parties for ongoing control of the maintenance of installations and facilities.
• Assist Lead Site Engineer in the preparation of work and cost estimates and manpower requirements for inclusion in annual budget submissions.
• Carry out other similar or related duties such as verifying material and equipment availability; checking on material procurement with Material Controller and keeping abreast of new materials, specifications and techniques within the construction industry as they relate engineering work.
• Deputize Lead Site Engineer as and when required.
Management of third party consultants
• Manage the overall performance of construction management consultants of the project ensuring that that their performance is reviewed in a timely manner and reported to Lead Site Engineer for escalation.
• Coordinate with third parties on behalf of clients for projects that are external to client site and that either interfaces in client parameter or has the client as a stakeholder.
• Interface with the master planning team and provide inputs.
• Stimulate and contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international leading practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Recommend improvements to departmental procedure and direct the implementation of instructions and controls so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment
• Ensure compliance to all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental management procedures and controls within a defined area of activity to guarantee employee safety, compliance, delivery of high quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude.
MIS and Reports
• Participate in the preparation of timely and accurate departmental MIS statements and reports to meet ASTAD and department requirements, policies and standards.
• Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Civil Engineering|
|Company Industry:||Consulting Services|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|