To plan the preventive and corrective maintenance and repair activities in a highly professional seal repair environment.
To provide mechanical and commercial support to the existing JC client base in North Africa, through consistently high level of mechanical expertise, highly responsive feedback and outstanding level of client service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide strong technical and service support to all customers.
• Attending emergency service jobs.
• Planning and attending to pending service jobs.
• Maintaining comprehensive documentation of service orders.
• Liaise with various technical departments in order to provide engineered solutions/ advice to end users.
• Estimate the cost, time and resources required for repair projects.
• Monitor the technicians so that repair and service activities are completed accurately, safely, and on-time.
• Ensure all activities fully comply with the local and company Health and Safety requirements.
• Product assessment to enable commercial staff to quote.
• Establish machining operations where applicable.
• Analyze, train and monitor the workforce for special processes including; lapping lapping/spray coating/assembly and dismantling seals or cartridges.
• Attend site for seal installations and or troubleshoot.
• Manage the workshop activities.
• Attending service jobs in the field and offering trouble shooting advise.
• Repairing Mechanical Seals on and off site.
• Producing comprehensive failure reports with analysis and recommendations.
• Assist end user during shut downs.
• Updating data capture software for all seal failures.
• Supervision and assistance with installation and commissioning of Mechanical Seals and associated equipment.
• Work closely with the local team,agent, and .
• Maintain and grow existing relationships.
• Measurements, surveys, seal schedule.
• Ability to identify additional opportunities including upgrades and retrofits.
• Coach and mentor less experienced engineers, check quality of their work and help them diagnose and solve problems.
John Crane is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (£830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.
|Job Location:||Cairo, Egypt|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|