Standard function description:
• Handles medium logistical files independently
• Implements and runs logistics procedures
• Raise Minute of Transport and ImpEx meetings with external and internal interlocutors.
• Manages the Dispatched goods via the ERP “Amm Transit” warehouse for all cargo transiting from A to B points without passing physically through Jordan.
• Responds efficiently to all question related to goods position via “Amm Transit” warehouse.
• Participates to the tendering process raising Invitations to Tender and Selection Table.
• Participates in writing of Transport Contracts and follow up the Contracts duration in order to propose a new Invitation to tender or an extension.
• Keeps contact with the LSC warehouse and CSD, the manufacturer/supplier and the transporter to enable smooth support for the colleagues Shipping Officers.
• Ensures that the required transport file documentation is correctly established. Coordinates with the colleagues Shipping Officers.
• Follows up the Transport files irregularities or missing document, and prepare/follow up archiving.
• May be able to handle simple shipping files as Diplomatic pouch and Personal effects.
• May be able to understand the “in Transit” ERP process and importance to enter accurate data.
1. EXTERNAL RELATIONS
• Maintains a professional and constructive dialogue with all units of the Logistics department.
• Keeps a good contact with various interlocutors, Regional Transport, ImpEx and Purchasing Teams (Tendering and Contract processes)
2. OFFICE ACTIVITIES
• Establishes weekly progress reports on shipments status and be the transport’s unit representative at the Supply Chain weekly meeting
• Updates the relevant databases
• Liaises with the Regional Master Data Manager in order to have the right information to be entered in the “Amm Transit” warehouse.
• Ensures necessary administrative work is implemented on time and report issued (Shipping status update, Goods in Transit…..).
• Prepares the P/O files for transportation and submits them for validation to the Regional Transport Manager before they are dispatched to LOG_STAT/Manila.
• Follow-up in a total confidentiality the simple HR and administrative files for the Team members.
• Manages the hard copies’ files archiving.
• Verifies Dimpex information before archives the hard copy files.
• Assists the RTM in Region Tendering and Contract support processes.
Treatment of information
• Registers and treats information accurately and confidentially.
• Maintains regular contacts with contractors’ and establishes minutes for proper follow-up.
• Updates the Suppliers database and note relevant comments.
• Compiles the Transport unit activity in order to propose and establish the relevant reports, statistics and graphs to the Regional Transport Manager (In term of weight, TEU,…. and all non-financial data). Works closely with his/her colleague Finance Shipping Clerk to provide transport cost per ton and per TEU.
3. SUPPORT TO THE ICRC DEPARTMENTS
• Entertains a constructive dialogue with the others Departments of the delegation and GVA.
• Makes a proper follow-up on documentary requirements.
• Participates actively to the internal transport unit activity and informs accurately on the active files.
4. SUPPORT TO DELEGATE IN CHARGE
• Advises on Goods Transit issues, shares relevant information.
• Presents synthesis of problematic issues succinctly and accurately.
• May be able to learn from and assist Shipping and/or ImpEx officers in order to become later her/himself an ImpEx or a Shipping officer
5. GENERAL DUTIES
Understands the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement.
Applies the security rules at all times.
Respects and observes staff regulations as well as the code of conduct of the ICRC
The employee may be asked to perform duties and task not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when necessary.
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Logistics and Transportation|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Monthly Salary:||US $1,500|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|