In the past few years, the importance and scope of the social media function within communications unit have significantly increased. Social media usage has skyrocketed both globally and within the region – between 2000 and 2016, the number of Arabic speaking Internet users has increased for 6,600 percent and it is estimated as many as 88% of Internet users in the region use social media daily.
For RBC Communications, this is an exceptional opportunity to increase WFP’s brand visibility and recognition, and establish and nurture relationships with the fast-growing regional audiences. We have readily taken on the challenge by opening new social media accounts and increasing both frequency and quality of posting, which has created lots of additional workload on the social media team and the whole unit.
The purpose of this assignment is to strengthen and increase the unit’s capacities by supporting and delivering a range of social media-related activities, developing social media content, and utilizing platforms, networks and partners to enhance coverage and support for WFP’s activities in the region.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Write, edit and produce social media content in English and Arabic language for the regional social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, positioning content for clarity and impact.
2. Generate multimedia content including, text, photos and infographics for use across a range of integrated online platforms, supporting regional communication activities and ensuring consistency with corporate messages.
3. Monitor social media, regularly provide insights on regional audiences and support implementation of informed, cross-platform social media strategy.
4. Keep abreast of new trends in social media tools, trends and applications, testing new ideas and platforms and measuring results.
5. Work closely with the regional communications team and country offices to ensure crises are properly managed and contained.
6. Other as required.
|Job Role:||Marketing and PR|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|