Scope and Purposes
Under the direction of IT Director, the Software
Developer performs a variety of programming assignments requiring knowledge of established programming procedures and data processing requirements. Develop, maintain and modify programs, scripts and queries using Oracle and SQL. Performs integrated database design and systems analyses work. Prepares detailed specifications for programs to be written or configured. Designs, codes, tests, debugs documents and maintains programs or configurations.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, develops, tests, and documents computer programs, applying knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems: Evaluates user request for new or modified program.
- Consults with user to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives.
- Formulates plan outlining steps required to develop program, using structured analysis and design and submit them to user for approval.
- Prepares flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate sequence of steps program must follow and to describe logical operations involved.
- Converts project specifications, using flowcharts and diagrams, into sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into language processable by computer, applying knowledge of computer programming techniques and computer languages.
- Writes documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- Writes manual for users to describe installation and operating procedures.
- May train users to use program, oversee installation of hardware and software and
install and test software.
|Job Location:||Hawali, Kuwait|
|Job Role:||Information Technology|
|Company Industry:||Education, Training, and Library|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|