Designation: Specialist Gastroenterologist
Report to (Direct): Medical Director
Report to (Indirect): COO
Patients value Physicians who spent time with them and express genuine concern about their ailments and quality of life. That’s what we are looking for: a Physician who can contribute companionate, patient-centered care in our internal medicine practice. If you enjoy getting to know your patients on a personal level, we are interested in meeting with you. We run a laid-back but highly efficient office and we help one another with our work-loads when necessary. Each of our Physicians commits themselves to practicing mindful medicine and treating patients like people rather than numbers.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Develop a roster of patients by providing compassionate, holistic care.
· Meet with patients to assess their symptoms; inquire into the nature of their illness or injury
· Accurately identify and diagnose medical conditions
· Thoroughly examine patients and attend to their chief complaint
· Answer and advise on any other questions or concerns the patient might have
· Assign appropriate treatment plan according to each patient’s needs
· Educate and inform patient of necessary treatment plan and any follow-up appointments
· Perform clinical tests to better inform diagnosis
· Perform in-office treatment if possible
· Look for anything unusual or abnormal
· Prescribe appropriate medicines or therapy
· Calculate correct medication dosage for each patient and educate on proper use
· Order diagnostic tests and lab work as needed (blood/urine test, tissue samples, imagery, etc.)
· Analyze and share results of diagnostic testing with patient
· Continually chart and maintain patient information on paper and in computer system
· Conduct follow-ups with patients to monitor and track their condition and progress
· Refer patient to a medical specialist when needed
· Maintain confidentiality and always work with respect and integrity
· Encourage preventative health measures including proper diet, rest and exercise
· Direct, train, and supervise medical staff including nurses, physician assistants, and med techs on proper procedures and protocol
· Attend conferences and continue research in his or her field to stay abreast of medical innovations and breakthroughs.
· Explain all medical procedures thoroughly
· Explain test results and provide patients with plan of care details
· Consult with other physicians about each patient’s specific needs.
· Participate in departmental quality improvement and patient safety programs.
· Attend planned in house quality improvements
· Understand, comply and participate in healthcare Quality, Risk management, Safety, Infection prevention program.
· Report any Occurrence Variance in during duty timings.
· Understand and fully comply with Regulatory and accreditation bodies requirements.
· Any other duties assigned by the In-charge/HOD as per exigencies of work.
· Participate in patient safety programs.
· Attend planned safety trainings. (Fire & Safety, Mock Drills etc)
|Job Location:||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Job Role:||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing|
|Company Industry:||Medical/Hospital; Nursing|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|