To provide specialized services for the diagnosis and management of diseases under the scope of care of the related specialty.
1. Performing the professional duties of a specialist in accordance with the delineation of the scope of care and privileges as recommended by the Chief of department and approved by the Credentials Committee.
2. Performing his/her duties in the outpatient clinic.
3. Providing the required care to his/her patients in the wards.
4. Performing the needed procedures according to the privileging.
5. Providing consultation services to the in and outpatient services in his/her area of expertise.
6. Sharing in the on-call duties as per the duty Schedule'
7. Supervising the work of the assistant and/or associate consultants, professional development of the junior physicians and items, and provides evaluation of their work at the request of the Chief of Service.
8. Communicating clearly and effectively with colleagues and patients.
9. Providing patient and family education according to patient's status and needs
1. Participating in general undergraduate and post-graduate teaching within the KFMC hospitals and Faculty of Medicine.
2. Providing regular teaching for the assistants and junior physicians attached to the unit.
a. Supporting the Clinical Nurse Specialists as appropriate and other key non-medical clinical educational support to fellow professionals.
1. Having the minimal requirements and knowledge to plan and undergo publications.
2. Participating actively in all research activities in his/ her division and department.
3. Working to have appropriate scientific publications.
1. Contributing to local audits to ensure appropriate up-to-date care is delivered and working constructively to improve the quality of care, a minimum of I audit a year is required for appraisal.
2. Participating and contributing to all the quality assurance activities of the service (e.g. monthly mortality and morbidity conference, peer review, audit and chart review)'
3. Contributing and, where appropriate, taking the lead in the following: [e.g.].
a. Mortality and morbidity meetings.
b. Development and application of agreed clinical guidelines
1. Contributing to the prevention and controlling of infection through standard infection control practices and compliance with the KFMC infection control policies in order to ensure the highest quality of care to patients'
CPD (Continuing Professional Development)
Taking advantage of continuing professional developing events taking place both in and out KFMC.
1. Graduate from a Medical school recognized by the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCHS) and acceptable to KFMC.
2. Successful completion of 3 or more years in a specialty residency training
program recognized by SCHS and acceptable to KFMC.
3. Family Medicine is an exception where two and half years training may be acceptable
4. Certification by the appropriate specialty board recognized by SCHS and acceptable to KFMC.
5. One or more years of specialty training in a recognized program outside Saudi Arabia.
6. Training and post certification experience. equal to or greater than six years in a health care facility recognized by KFMC.
7. Independent practice in the specialty
8. Candidate should meet the SCHS criteria for a consultant post within one year of application.
|Job Location:||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Job Role:||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing|
|Company Industry:||Healthcare, other|