The Store Manager is responsible to manage the sales and operations of the store in line with the business plans and to enhance the store financial performance. The position is also responsible to ensure excellent customer service and implementation of the retail sales standards.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Plan and execute strategies as to ensure that the budgeted target for showroom is achieved or exceeded in volume and profit term
- Achieve the financial objectives in terms of the targets, maintain expenditures, analyze variances and take corrective action
- Communicate targets for store and individual sales team employees
- Review and monitor the targets and KPIs achievement (sales v/s budgets, stock reports, profitability) on daily/weekly/monthly basis as required and develop and communicate corrective action along with sales team if required
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Monitor sales process (aspects such as initial customer contact and reception, clarification of need, identification of prospect, follow-up on initial contact, final closure of sale and quality of sales documentation) to ensure quality in the entire process.
- Liaise with the Marketing team to ensure that adequate marketing support by way of merchandising and promotions is available in the store in order to provide brand visibility and promote sales
- Ensure outstanding store condition, visual merchandising standards and compliance with sales policies and procedures
- Manage the store cash counter, ensure count and reconciliation of cash or card transactions on daily basis as per the policy and liaise with the representatives for cash collection/submission to and fro banks if required.
- Assist customer and provide them with the product information, features, benefits and usage if required. Recommend/advise customers on selection, utilization, and maintenance of the products
- Review/Prepare/update store reports and logs on daily/weekly/monthly basis as per the requirements such as stock check, daily sales, income and expenditure etc. and communicate with management.
- Manage the store financials – income and expenditures, profitability, sales and loss prevention. Monitor Perfect Delivery Inspection process and Demos
- Conduct regular audit of the store’s physical and practical condition to ensure quality
- Ensure accurate documentation and filing within the store for all the transactions
- Monitor store inventory. Prepare requisitions for stock replenishment as required; ensure availability of merchandise and services as per the market needs and requirements
- Participate in the inventory management including the receiving procedures, transfers, pricing procedures, product counts and physical inventories as required
- Maintain awareness of the market trends in the industry and competition; develop and implement the sales initiatives accordingly
- Attend exhibitions, workshops and trainings to stay up to date with the new product and brands developments and trends.
- Initiate/Recommend changes to improve the business performance such as store layouts, product mix, sales strategies etc.
- Communicate with Management on regular basis to discuss market opportunities, store strengths/weakness and market trends
- Ensure excellent customer service standards are being implemented and followed across store
- Develop and manage long term partnerships with key clients/customers
- Interact regularly with the existing as well as prospective customer to establish healthy and profitable relationships and also to find out their present and future demand to be able to meet them in time.
- Resolve any issues and problems related to the customers or employees, ensures excellent customer relationship and reviews customer feedback for appropriate action.
- Ensure high customer satisfaction index
- Maintain awareness of the customer preferences and buying behaviors in line with the seasons, store location etc. and implement the sales plans
- Maintain store employee job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees
- Manage employee performance and KPIs, assess training needs and build career paths
- Ensure compliance to the health and safety requirements
- Manage the staff scheduling, leaves, replacements within the store.
- Provide support and guidance to the sales team
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by the management
|Job Location:||Al Kuwait, Kuwait|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|