The International Rescue Committee, Inc. (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
The Inventory & Assets Assistant reports to the Senior Supply Chain Officer and is responsible for managing IRC’s Assets, properties & inventory located IRC field locations as well as supporting the field supply chain team with day-to-day operations.
Responsible for IRC stores in the north by ensuring the below points are maintained:
• Ensure the store is properly maintained and clean.
• Control access to IRC stores and ensure that premises are secure and safe.
• Ensure proper temperature and humidity conditions for storing goods at the store.
• Receive, store and release goods from the IRC store.
• Assist with checking quality, quantity and condition of goods delivered to store, producing relevant Goods Delivery Note.
• Assist with releasing goods and produce waybills for dispatching goods.
• Observe correct stacking and turnover (FIFO or FEFO) procedures.
• Update stock cards and bin cards as needed.
• Carry out physical inventory count, as required.
• Provide accurate and up-to-date records of the store contents digitally & physically to his/her supervisor for monthly inventory reports.
• Alert about and carry out the maintenance of store building, fittings and equipment.
• Assist with other duties as may be required by his/her supervisor.
• Maintain IRC standard asset management policies and procedures.
• Effectively monitor the assets & properties in IRC field locations & in accordance with the IRC and donors’ rules and regulations through conducting regular site visits to all IRC operational locations.
• Manage secure storage of unassigned assets.
• Conduct timely physical counts and spot checks to validate the accuracy of the IRC asset inventory records.
• Asset reporting as required.
• Ensure that assets and properties loss, theft and damage incidents are adequately reported.
• Maintain Asset Registers, including; acquisitions, maintenance management and asset transfers.
Supply Chain Management
• Reviewing and accepting the submitted purchase requests to the supply chain department in terms of description, delivery time, delivery location and estimated prices.
• Assist requestors to raise their purchase requests to ensure that all purchase requests submitted clearly and accurately to the procurement team.
• Ensuring that all supplies, services and equipment required are delivered on time. This includes routine communication, coordination and planning with the relevant requesting staff regarding their orders.
• Ensuring all SC related documents and files (electronic and hard copies) are properly archived, organized and up to date, and ensure regular back up of SC files on the relevant IRC formal files storage systems/means.
• Coordination with Finance, Admin and program departments to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation.
• Generate and / or maintain an IRC Pre-qualified Vendor database.
• Assist in preparing access permits for Azraq & Zaatari camps
|Job Location:||Mafraq, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Support Services|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|