Tax Manager – Vodafone Qatar
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work.
And what’s it like to work here? We have built an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career, and great benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You will take ownership of Tax (direct and indirect) issues arising across the business, proactively identifying relevant business and/or legal changes and ensuring Tax risks are appropriately handled and Tax opportunities are maximised to deliver value to shareholders. Provides assurance on all Tax compliance. Ensure the tax accounting and reporting of Vodafone Qatar Q.S.C. (listed on Qatar Stock Exchange) is accurate and delivered in the deadlines set. Make sure that finance operating model/processes for tax (locally, in the SSC and at Group) are maintained, reviewed and improved to ensure no misstatement of the financial records.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Ensure that new products and services, and other material business changes, are structured to optimise Direct and Indirect Tax.
• Develops commercially viable proposals for change to optimise Tax treatment and takes responsibility for implementation of proposals.
• Designs appropriate processes for ongoing compliance and establishes these processes.
• Leader of VAT implementation project at Vodafone Qatar resulting from the expected introduction of VAT in Qatar.
• Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate VAT compliance in accordance with statutory requirements, .
• Acts as a point of escalation on complex or contentious issues and resolves issues autonomously. Primary reviewer of all VAT compliance output prepared by FinOps and the VSSB. Responsible for all VAT balance sheet reconciliations.
• Primary liaison point with tax authority on VAT and WHT compliance matters. Negotiates easements or rulings as required to ensure the efficient preparation of VAT and WHT returns and negotiates advantageous settlements on compliance related assessments, disclosures or penalties.
• Manages the WHT vendor data base, filing of WHT returns, payment of WHT and balance sheet reconciliation of WHT accounts. Leader of WHT automation project ensuring end to end process is WHT compliant.
• Maintains awareness of current and possible developments in tax law, practice and jurisprudence to identify developments of possible application to Vodafone.
• Seeks out opportunities to reduce cost and takes ownership for delivery of identified VAT saving opportunities.
• Manages wide and dynamic workload under limited or no supervision and prioritises tasks appropriately. Develops own strong network of colleagues outside of the tax department and uses this to identify new areas of focus for delivery of VAT and WHT efficiencies or management of risk. Motivates others to provide high quality and timely input to own projects.
• Communicates complex issues clearly and accurately to non-specialists and senior partners and builds cooperative relationships with Vodafone Group and other Vodafone Opcos. Identifies key partners and builds opportunities to raise awareness of VAT within the wider business.
||Accounting and Auditing
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Tax Manager – Vodafone Qatar بكل سهولة الان مجانا.