Teaching Specialist (Biological Sciences) – Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar
The primary responsibilities of the Teaching Specialist (Biological Sciences) will be to provide teaching support to the faculty, laboratory staff and students in the Premedical and Foundation Biological Sciences courses. Currently, WCM-Q offerings in Biological Sciences include premedical lecture and lab course sequences and foundation level course sequences (Fall and Spring semesters). Additional courses or course modules that may require support include Biochemistry and Human Genetics, for instance. Primary activities of the Teaching Specialist will relate to working with small groups and one-on-one student teaching as well as assisting with assessment.
At the request of the Associate Dean for Premedical Education, all Teaching Specialists may be asked to support other courses and activities, including but not limited to, outreach and student recruitment, and support of students in the medical curriculum.
• Attend course lectures, recitations, and review sessions (as requested by supervising faculty member) and maintain student attendance records, if required by the faculty.
• Remain current with the content of the course(s) and learn new content as course(s) evolve(s).
• Hold formal “walk-in” office hours for small-group or one-on-one student help as well as meet with students upon request by appointment.
• Support the students in other productive ways when necessary, including additional small group tutorial/help sessions prior to examinations or when appropriate.
• Assist faculty in the creation of practice materials, including, but not limited to answer keys, for students. Participate in and/or facilitate recitations and review sessions as requested by faculty member.
• If required, assist in the design of new teaching modules to promote effective teaching and learning to reflect modern pedagogy in biological sciences.
• Proctor quizzes and examinations as well as assist with grading of hand-in assignments/papers, quizzes and exams, as required
• Assist in maintaining current course content on the WCM-Q Learning Management System including uploading files, preparing online quizzes, sending broadcast messages to students, etc.
• The Teaching Specialist, in addition to being present for all lab sessions, will be expected to introduce and lead one formal laboratory session each week and will act as support to assist in supervision of students, as needed, in other sessions
• Prepare/support preparation and delivery of brief pre-lab presentations. Responsible for communicating and assuring compliance of proper laboratory safety protocols by the students. Assess student performance during in-lab sessions
• Perform experiments and/or technical procedures prior to the laboratory sessions and, if required by faculty, assist laboratory staff in setting up for weekly experiments.
• Perform small group and/or one-on-one instruction to students in the proper and safe operation of laboratory instruments (e.g. digital pipettes, microscopes, centrifuges, spectrophotometers, PCR cyclers, etc.) as well as data processing.
• Assist, if required, in the development of new laboratory topics and design experimental procedures and assessment methods
• Primary responsibilities will be in the Biological Sciences courses. However, based on relevant skills and training, and at request of the Associate Dean for Premedical Education, Teaching Specialists may be asked to assist in some of the following ways:
• In other courses within their expertise, proctor during exams in courses outside primary responsibility, support students in preparation for the Medical College Admissions Test, assist in pre-college and/or outreach activities, orientation activities
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
||Teaching and Academics
||Education, Training, and Library
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Teaching Specialist (Biological Sciences) – Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar بكل سهولة الان مجانا.