Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The German-Jordanian Water Portfolio is one example of successful cooperation between Germany and Jordan with several development projects anchored within the Jordanian water sector.
We are looking for a technical advisor for the project: Increasing the energy efficiency in water supply through the optimization of operation and maintenance (O&M)
The overall objective of the project is to increase the efficient use of energy in the Jordanian water sector through the optimization of operation and maintenance of water facilities. The project is focusing on creating and implementing concepts for sustainable energy management in the Jordanian water sector aiming at reducing water supply costs. Additionally, capacity building measures on institutional and personal level are embedded within the project.
We are seeking a motivated team member as technical advisor with solid technical and management background to work within the Energy for Water Project settled in the German-Jordanian Water Portfolio. The perspective position holder should have academic technical knowledge in energy efficiency/energy audit procedures. Furthermore, the candidate should have at least 5 years working experience preferably in international projects. The perspective position holder must have high quality reporting capabilities.
The perspective position holder is responsible for:
1) Supporting the team leader to properly execute assigned project tasks towards the achievement
of project goals.
2) Providing technical advice on the following issues:
• project related data collection and analysis;
• assessment of operation and maintenance in water pumping facilities;
• elaboration of energy efficient concepts including energy water balances and their optimizations;
• the implementation of pilot project in energy efficiency.
• elaboration of project technical reports;
• Supporting designing of parameters for project structured procurement;
• Supporting and facilitating coordination amongst various team players and stakeholders;
• Providing advice and market advisory on energy efficiency and audit related technical aspects, when needed.
3) Supporting planning, monitoring and reporting of the project activities.
4) Managing operations (incl. administration and logistics) for the various activities of the projects.
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Support Services|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|