Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The German-Jordanian Water Portfolio is one example of successful cooperation between Germany and Jordan with several development projects anchored within the Jordanian water sector.
We are looking for two technical advisors for the project: Renewable Energies in Jordanian Water Sector.
The overall objective of the project is the integration of renewable energy technologies into the water sector to as a more sustainable and cost-effective source of electric power in order to ease pressure on the national energy supply system. The project is focusing on creating scalable implementing concepts sustainable renewable energy integration in the Jordanian water sector aiming at reducing water supply costs and vulnerability of the sector. Additionally, capacity building measures on institutional and personal level are embedded within the project.
We are seeking a motivated team member as technical advisor with solid technical and management background for the vacancies within the Energy for Water Project settled in the German-Jordanian Water Portfolio. The perspective position holder should have proven technical knowledge in renewable energy systems and technologies as well as their implementation in Jordan. Furthermore, the candidate should have at least 5 years working experience as project engineer preferably in international projects. The perspective position holder must have high quality reporting capabilities.
The perspective position holder is responsible for:
1) Supporting the team leader to properly execute assigned project tasks towards the achievement
of project goals.
2) Providing technical advice on the following issues:
• project related data collection and analysis;
• assessment of renewable energy potential for water facilities;
• elaboration of RE implementation concepts;
• Investigation of the potential for integration of renewable energy technologies for electricity supply in water sector;
• implementation of RE pilot project;
• elaboration of project technical reports;
• designing of parameters for project structured procurement;
• Supporting and facilitating coordination amongst various team players and stakeholders;
• Providing technical and market advisory on RE related technical aspects, when needed;
3) Supporting planning, monitoring and reporting of the project activities.
4) Managing operations (incl. administration and logistics) for the various activities of the projects.
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Support Services|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|