Designer (Upholstery/Fabric) is responsible for selecting, tracking and follow-up metrics for fabrics. They will need to maintain complete and accurate records, and provide technical fabric expertise to the brand. Will work closely with product development teams to develop / explore and suggest new fabrics, while meeting time and seasonal action calendar requirements and dates.
This involves translating conceptual design ideas into commercial upholstered furniture products through fabric selections which meet cost requirements, target prices and suits customer taste. Utilizes technical expertise to realistically translate the design intent and aesthetic into clear, executable direction for the Fabric suppliers. You will communicate development specifications to operations team and the mills / vendors to balance quality and cost of fabric by engineering the fabric to meet the design intent at an acceptable cost.
- Present seasonal fabric trend forecast and recommend new fabrications, processes, technologies, and finishes that would align with the Brand Strategy and pricing/quality objectives for upholstery category
- Build and maintain good relationships with Key mills, and ensures smooth, efficient and effective communications with all cross functional partners
- Maintain and update departmental fabric library, liaising with suppliers, tracking samples and deliveries.
- Sourcing fabrics through factory visits and relevant trade fairs, identifying aspirational fabrics suitable for the Home Centre brand.
- Good understanding of industry quality standards, functionality and end use of fabrics.
- Select fabrics and fabric combinations for upholstered furniture ranges which are commercially viable, aspirational, and in line with customer needs and tastes.
- Support Industrial designers in the preparation of design briefs which give clear specifications, detailing materials, fabric specs, measurements, techniques & components of each design in line with defined price points.
- Effective coordination and close collaboration with factories/suppliers/buyers for design selections, range building and product development. • Managing the purchase order tracker, in charge of the critical path for all fabric supplier orders.
- Create and maintain supplier database of fabric suppliers (products, prices, business partner details)
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Marketing and PR|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|