Value chain analysis consultancy services – ACTED
The project “Providing sustainable work opportunities to Syrian refugees and vulnerable Jordanians in the agricultural sector in northern Jordan” implemented by ACTED is funded by BPRM. It aims to contribute to the provision of inclusive and sustainable income-generating opportunities in conflict-affected communities in northern Jordan by enhancing the integration and participation of 560 Syrian refugees and 240 vulnerable Jordanians in agricultural livelihoods opportunities in Mafraq and Irbid Governorates. The project intends to provide increased income for 4,000 individuals and capacity-building to 8 cooperatives in close collaboration with the International Labour Organisation, who will play an advisory role in the implementation of training based on the Training for Rural Economic Empowerment (TREE) and My.COOP training packages.
The implementation of the project will be overseen by the Food Security and Livelihood Projects Manager, with expertise in food security, livelihoods, and agriculture, and whose supervision will be complemented by the Food Security and Livelihood Projects Coordinator.
Among other activities, ACTED will select the 8 cooperatives from the ILO network to be part of the project. After conducting initial capacity assessments, ACTED will develop capacity-building plans through the My.COOP training package, and these cooperatives will receive five days of My.COOP training to strengthen management and enable them to assist in conducting in-depth participatory value chain analyses.
In addition to the training and capacity building phase, ACTED will organise participatory local value chain analyses, through multi-stakeholder workshops; so as to engage key focal points of the local communities to develop community profiles and assess consumer demand, market opportunities, training needs, and the overall feasibility of given value chains. This shall later on be key to the development of appropriate business plans by the cooperatives, to sustainably engage vulnerable Syrian refugees and Jordanians in independent micro businesses.
The selected consultant shall be in charge of the preparation and facilitation of the multi-stakeholder workshops, leading to a Participatory Market and Value Chain Analysis, in collaboration with ACTED, ILO, other consultants and any additional relevant stakeholder.
• In collaboration with the business/cooperative specialist consultant and the climate-smart agriculture consultant, the value chain analysis consultant shall elaborate and finalize the Terms of Reference and material (including agenda, strategy, talking points, methodology…) of the multi-stakeholder workshops for participatory market and value chain analysis. This workshop aims at developing community profiles and assessing consumer demand, market opportunities, training needs, and the overall feasibility of given value chains. Throughout the workshops, the consultant shall also support the cooperatives in developing ideas and a base for their business plans.
• Support in the organisation of the above mentioned multi-stakeholder workshops and act as a facilitator. The consultant shall be capable of answering to the relevant technical inquiries; with the support of ACTED and other consultants.
• Elaborate and finalize the participatory market and value chain analysis report, by ensuring that the feedbacks/technical inputs issued during the multi-stakeholder workshops are properly integrated.
• Identify/be available for any other technical issue related to his/her sector of expertise not mentioned above.
1. Organize and act as facilitator during the 7 workshops; Time: 7 man-days; Finalization of the workshop due: 31st January 2018.
2. Written report on: participatory market and value chain analysis and, in particular:
o Value chain identification and selection throughout the facilitation of the 7-day workshops;
o Mapping the value chains;
o Analysing value chain activities and performance;
o Finalize Market and Value Chain Analysis Report;
o Identifying value chain performance constraints and development opportunities;
o Defining development interventions;
Tentative Time: 7 man-days. First draft due: 15th February 2018.
3. Attendance to the 5-day training for the provision of technical advice; Tentative Time: 1 man-day.
All the above shall be delivered in English, and in Arabic when applicable.
The consultancy will last for a tentative timeline of a total of 15 days. The consultant shall be in charge of advising if otherwise.
• Accommodation and transportation will not be provided by ACTED. All costs shall be included in the offer. The costs must be broken down by categories.
• ACTED security guidelines will have to be strictly followed throughout the consultancy;
• International consultants shall subscribe to a medical and repatriation insurance. Therefore, the copy of insurance certificate has to be submitted along with their offer.
• National consultants shall subscribe to a civil and professional insurance. Therefore, the copy of the insurance certificate has to be submitted along with their offer.
|Job Location:||Mafraq, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Community Services|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Value chain analysis consultancy services – ACTED بكل سهولة الان مجانا.