Standard function description:
Veterinarian plans, implements and monitors the Economic Security (EcoSec) Unit’s livestock programmes in line with the country strategy and under the supervision and guidance of their hierarchical superior.
• Prepares material and logistics for trips into the field (e.g. vaccines and cold chain materials).
• Collects field and other data using data-collection tools and devices.
• Enters survey data into databases.
• Maintains and updates databases.
• Provides verbal reports after field visits.
• Participates in assisting the population (registration, aid distribution).
• Provides administrative support.
• Contributes to the designing and implementing a livestock programme (immunization, community based animal health workers and structural support).
• Collects data using data-collection tools and devices.
• Performs basic qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
• Describes results and produces data visualizations.
• Contributes to identifying response options by analysing strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT).
• Contributes to designing a suitable method for registering beneficiaries.
Carries out on-site aid distributions.
• Contributes to analysing the security, socioeconomic, cultural and political environment as it relates to the ICRC.
• Contributes to internal reporting.
• Translates documents for internal use and interprets upon request.
• Contributes to organizing and providing capacity-building activities.
Provides administrative support.
• Plans, organizes, implements, and monitors all economic security related activities (Livestock Program) throughout Jordan as assigned mostly independently (75% field / 25 % office work).
• With guidance from EcoSec Delegate, contributes to the set up and application of assessment and monitoring systems and evaluations including: assessment tool development, organizing data collection exercise, participate directly in the data collection, recording, analysis and reporting of assessment data.
• Maintain accurate records of program beneficiaries, distributed assistance, monitoring and assessment visits
• Independently produce and file technical analytical reports
• Independently provide timely contribution to all internal reports (MOR, BFR, EcoSec OP)
• Records and maintains file of minutes of meetings conducted with various interlocutors.
• Represent the ICRC at meetings with representatives of JRCS, program beneficiaries and local authorities during field trips.
Support of the EcoSec Delegate:
Provision of daily support to the EcoSec Delegate, including representation towards other departments, oral and written translation, advising on social-economic trends, livelihood activities, local cultural standards and program adjustments.
Be aware of the delegations objectives and activities
Understand the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
Apply the security rules at all times
Respect and observe the staff regulations of the ICRC in Jordan.
The employee may be asked to perform other duties not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when and if necessary.
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Farming and Agriculture|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Monthly Salary:||US $1,000|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|