● BACKGROUND: The IRC is implementing a community-led innovation initiative to nurture and develop bottom-up solutions to problems facing communities in Jordan. This project will engage diverse communities and stakeholders in Jordan – including host communities, refugees, local governments, public and private sector actors and enterprising individuals – to devise and develop solutions that address their own lived realities and problems. It will center around three participatory “design challenges” based in a ‘lab’ setting, with each challenge aiming to mobilize teams around developing solutions to thematic problem areas we identify together. Themes will aim to develop a wide range of concepts for scalable innovations under the broader umbrella of accommodating displaced populations, accelerating recovery and increasing community resilience. This approach combines the best aspects of both bottom-up and formally-managed innovation processes to identify new solutions that are responsive to the changing needs of the wide range of communities in Jordan today. The first of the three design challenges will look to generate new solutions to support the generation of sufficient, predictable, and safe income, the second will focus on access to services, and the third on learning.
● SCOPE OF WORK: As part of defining and exploring social issues that impact vulnerable populations, Mahali seeks to produce content that highlights new and unique perspectives on those issues. This photographer/videographer will support the Mahali program in creating a bank of images and videos that would explain simply and effectively, the challenges of accessing services and of learning for Syrian refugees and vulnerable Jordanians. This person will transform the content from research into videos that communicate learning in interesting ways, and for different audiences. In addition to representing different parts of this problem, this person will also create content that communicates the Mahali project outcomes, including footage of events, daily work, and interviews with program participants.
● Key RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Work in coordination with Mahali team to adapt content for the production of images and videos;
– Create images, videos, or animations, in accordance with branding guidelines and target populations needs;
– Produce images and videos that visually represent the select social topics, in a way that is easy to digest, impactful while also being visually appealing;
– Work in collaboration with Mahali staff to define the storyboard for the content that is being produced, and to define the resources needed to effectively produce the video (such as access to people to interview, etc…).
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Customer Service and Call Center|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|