Waiter/Waitress ensures that guests have an enjoyable dining experience by providing quality customer service. Waiter/Waitress works in the front of the business taking orders, serving food and drinks, and removing dinnerware from the table in a timely manner.
Role Responsibilities–Including but not limited to;
• Follow MAF Cinema’s Service Steps to deliver a consistently high level of service to all guests. Follow the Gold/Theater Standard and lead by example
• Meet & Greet the guest, assist the guest in making menu decisions based on the recommendations given by
• Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, specials, and non-alcoholic selections available in the restaurant
• Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, proper table set up, room & cinema capacity, hours of operation
• Take guests to cinema and assist in seating at cinema
• Extend courteous departures as guests leave the restaurant
• Complete opening and closing duties including setting up necessary supplies and tools, cleaning all equipment and areas, locking doors, etc.
• Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, recook orders, and product availability
• Maintain cleanliness of work and guest areas by clearing, collecting and returning food and beverage items to proper area
• Present physical and accurate check to guest and process payment.
• Be familiar with the operation of Vista system and manual system procedures
• Respect all fellow team members and treat as equals.
• Provide assistance to others where possible regardless of which department is listed on the roster
• Ensure the maximum amount of time is spent in front line operations as a support and role model for the Customer Service team
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees
Health & Safety
• Abide by policies & procedures listed in MAF Cinemas health and safety management program to ensure a safe environment for guest, colleagues, and self
• Be knowledgeable regarding the entire F&B offering with respect to dietary requirements
• Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager
• Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance and objects in excess of 50 pounds with assistance
Food Hygiene & Handling
• Follow food hygiene policies to ensure all food & beverage served to MAF Cinemas guests is safe and free of contamination.
• Ensure that all Safe and Sound food handling manual guidelines are fulfilled at all time
• Ensure that all produce is labeled correctly and FIFO is executed
• Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures (SOPs, LSOPs, etc.)
Suggestive Selling & Upselling
• Utilize suggestive selling and upselling skills in all areas of the cinemas to maximize each transaction
• Follow MAF Cinema cash handling policies to ensure all guests receive the correct change and minimize short/over for every shift
• Ensures that the POS system is in place and properly implemented
• Be aware of the correct procedures on performing EON, programming, petty cash, cashier balancing, etc. and ensuring these procedures are done in a timely manner
• Ensure that all tasks are given by the Gold /Theater Manager/Asst. Mgr. are fulfilled
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Hospitality and Tourism|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|